RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Re: Alexa Bose Skill for India

Dear Tony,

Thank you for bringing the skill back. I can see the skill on the Alexa store. I have installed and linked my soundtouch account, however, it is unable to identify my Soundtouch 300. During discovery, it simply says - no new devices found.

All devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. I have named the speaker 'Living Room' for simplicity through the Soundtouch app. Tried disabling and re-enabling the skill, but did not work. I reconnected the soundbar to Wi-Fi through Soundtouch app, still not working. I have a smart light on the same network which is already connected to Echo Dot and working. Followed all troubleshooting steps mentioned in https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/support/article/difficulty-using-the-bose-skill-for-amazon-alexa.htm..., but still not working.

Regards,

Rahul

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Just to add, the language on my Echo device settings is English (India).

Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

Glad to hear that you were able to find the skill in the Alexa app now.  Let's see if we can identify why the speaker is not getting detected through the Alexa app:

• After you added the skill to the Alexa app, even though it didn't discover any devices, were you able to check the devices tab to see if you can add it from this screen?  
  • Have you been able to reboot the router and speaker by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?
  • How far away is the router from the soundbar?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi Tony,

I have tried adding from devices tab also multiple times, but still doesn't detect the speaker.

Rebooted both Echo Dot and soundbar and tried again. No luck.

Router is about 14 feet from the soundbar. 

Regards,

Rahul

Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the update!  Did you get a chance to reboot the router as well?

Warm Regards,

Tony A

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Switched off the router for 30 secs and switched back on and tried. Still no luck.

Regards,

Rahul

Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

That's certainly odd.  At this point, my best recommendation is to give support a call to see if they can isolate the exact issue of adding the speaker to the Alexa app.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Alexa Bose Skill for India

Hi,

This is in continuation to the topic I had created earlier, where I had mentioned that I had trouble connecting my ST300 using an Echo Dot using Bose skill on Alexa.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Alexa-Bose-Skill-for-India/m-p/187547#M68017

Well, the issue is still the same with me. After installing the Bose skill, Alexa is unable to detect the ST300 during device discovery. I have raised this issue with customer care in India. It's been around 5 months and they haven't been able to figure out the issue. The team has procured an Echo Dot to simulate the issue and are unable to connect themselves. It seems they have escalated with Bose global support internally. I would kindly request you to do whatever it takes to help them out.

Regards,

Rahul

Highlighted
Steveb0711
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Doesn't sound unusual for BOSE. The soundtouch app doesn't work with Samsung Android, it wont let you select "agree to privacy" so you cant go any further. Bose tried to say it was a samsung issue. As I pointed out, its a bose intergration (test) issue. Bose didn't check their app worked with one of the largest phone manufacturers in the world! With further investigation I have determined it hasnt worked with the Samsung S9, that was released ages ago and they still havent fixed the product.

Sonos here I come.

RahulMenon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hello Admin,

Care to respond?

Regards,

Rahul