Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Alexa Bose skill commands

Hey Guys

Having a drama getting my bose to respond to the alexa at all.

When i ask " Alexa ask Bose to play preset one" i get " i didnt find anything called bose that can play music"

Pls help.

Basic commands such as "alexa skip in living room" works, so there is a connection, but im not sure why i cant control the music?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Alexa Bose skill commands

Hello keef82,

Thank you for the questions.

This type of command will not work with the Bose skill. The command you are trying to get to work is on the Bose SoundTouch Control skill which is not available outside of the United States. 

The below mentioned is some of the available commands you can use with the Smart Home Skill.

For example, say “Alexa, play some jazz in the kitchen” to get the music started on your SoundTouch speaker named “Kitchen”. Once music is playing, you can also control the experience by voice. For example:

• “Alexa, pause the bedroom.”
  • “Alexa, skip the track in the dining room.”
  • “Alexa, turn up the volume in the living room.”

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Hi,

Why isnt the soundtouch skill available to Australian Users?

Im so bloody sick of being left behind, no where on the Bose website did it state i cant use the Soundtouch Control !

This answers my enquiry, though i really want to know when the skill will be released outside the US!!

Keith

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi,

I agree with keef82, why is there limitation outside US ? 

Here, in France, we don’t even have the skill available... 

Can BOSE explain his roadmap for deploying modern features (worldwide) such as Alexa, AirPlay, AppleMusic, ???

Thanks to Bose for giving detail (yes, I know, I dream awake 😀)

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K