Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

Alexa Skill - Seriously ????

Come on Bose, realeasing the skill in the USA only, what about the rezt of the planet, we wait months for this update that constantly got pushed back and back and then on the day of the release slip in the new note that it's only available in the US,  Really starting to regret my decision to go Bose and thinking of binning the whole lot and going Sonos !!!!!!!!

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Re: Alexa Skill - Seriously ????

Where can i find the skill anyway? I tried everything but the skill is nowhere to be found. Someone has a link?
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

If your outside of the US you can’t get it, if you are in the US then I saw some posts saying that it was only visible when you searched in Alexa from a web browser not the app ?? Don’t know how that’s even possible
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

BOSE always find new ways to turning good news bad - so much for Alexa skill in uk - 😒😠😠

@trevorhayward wrote:

Come on Bose, realeasing the skill in the USA only, what about the rezt of the planet, we wait months for this update that constantly got pushed back and back and then on the day of the release slip in the new note that it's only available in the US,  Really starting to regret my decision to go Bose and thinking of binning the whole lot and going Sonos !!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

I think i have found a stupid workaround. Setup a new amazon account with vpn from the usa. You also have to re-setup your echo’s en login with that new account. Then on the amazon website you wil find the skill under your new account en you can anable it. It found my speakers but i dont have the new update yet so i have to wait if this wil work! I hope sooo! I don’t see the skill in the app...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2015

Bose is the best for the slogan „America first“

other costumers from the world who spend a lot of money for this products are third class...

my soundtouch 20 is the first and last product from Bose. For amazon music we have to wait in Germany more than 6 month....after release in the US. 

The technic and api are the same I think. Only the translation is different. But a worldwide seller like Bose should be able to solve this in a few days.

sorry, but Sonos also an US Brand have no problem for international users....

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

completely agree

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Bose has clearly been listening to too much Trump with America First.  At what point did they in the months before the release say that the rest of the world would not get the skill.  This just shows their contempt for the the non USA customers,  who probably now should buy the Sonos alternative. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2016

Tried with US account and 17.x update... can enable skill on web, but it won’t show in Alexa app or echo dot see it as a installed skill - even though it is enabled on the amazon US account that has the echo device registered to... Also tried signing in with US Bose account, and tried US Alexa App on ipad but no joy... might work if they eventually publish the skill in the Alexa app but it seems only way of installing is via amazon.com at the moment.... Let me know if you get any luck! 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Here the same. Can acces it in the web but it does not show in the app. And alexa doesnt seem to understand. When i look in the app in see that the host is UK, i think thats the problem, it seems to think iam in he UK even with a vpn from the USA. Stupid Bose! Please Alexa Skill in the UK store so we can al enjoy!