Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Re: Alexa Skill availability in Canada?

Very much looking forward to hearing more about this soon. One main reason I bought Echo Dot was to control my Bose Soundtouch 30 and was disappointed to find out I couldn't immediatly download the Bose Skill. Please make this available for us asap!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello all,

Please see our newest SoundTouch Ecosystem announcement!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Thanks for posting Brian! Very excited to get to use my SoundTouch with Alexa. I noticed the new app will only control music through Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM, and iHeartRadio -- but the post also mentions another skill called the Bose SoundTouch Control Skill to control presets.. I just searched Skills here in Canada and was unable to locate the SoundTouch Control Skill. Will this also be made available in our region soon?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi purploctopus,

Excellent questions.

We don't have any other information about the SoundTouch Control skill other than what is in the release notes.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

So the new skill does not support NAS functions?

For that we have to wait for the existing Soundtouch skill to deploy to more regions. and there is no hint of a time line on this ...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello jonm,

Thank you for the post. At this time, NAS is not supported in smart home skill. As for the release in other regions, please keep an eye on the community and we will let you know when it becomes available.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support