Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Alexa Skill in the UK?

Hi Ritchie53,

Thanks for posting. We have a thread that has all of the latest information regarding the Soundtouch Alexa skill that you can find here,

Updated 3/28 - SoundTouch Ecosystem Update - 18.x - Release Notes

Regards,

Tony-community Support

philipoclarke
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Alexa skill now available, downloaded and working.

Gooner71
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I have been frustrated and contacted you and Apple twice over the last 6 months to find out why Apple Music isn't supported throught the SoundTouch app. I have decided to switch to Spotify so that I can use the wifi function for the multiroom experience, despite the fact that I have all my playlists and preferences set up on Apple Music.

Now I find out that the Alexa that I have just bought for my daughters birthday won't support our Bose speakers either. You can't begin to understand how frustrated I am with Bose at the moment. Over the years I have owned various Bose products and have always been very happy with the quality, hence the reason I keep coming back for more. However, where Bose once stood for a market leading sound system, with the lack of integration with leading 3rd party manufacturers your reputation is very rapidly turning from the reputable company known as BOSE to BOSO and you need to do something quick!

I still love the quality of the audio that I have come to expect from Bose but you need to employ more developers to keep up with the new and ever changing opportunities that modern technology give us, and make the 'User Experience' as easy to use as possible. 

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Gooner71,

Thank you for posting. I do sincerely apologize about the level of frustration you are dealing with and I will be sure to pass this information along to development. As for the issue with adding your SoundTouch account to Bose skill, what region are you located?

Let us know the result.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Gooner71
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I am in the UK.

I have the soundtouch app connected to my speakers and it works with the radio stations, I just can't add Apple Music as a streaming service.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Gooner71

Thanks for replying back.  We will certainly put the request in for Apple Music as a lot of other users are requesting this as well.  I believe Joel was trying to help out with the Alexa issue.  Where exactly are you getting stuck while trying to access the Bose Skill in the Alexa app?  Are you getting any type of errors as well?

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support