Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 10, 2017

Re: Alexa Skill??

Looking and waiting for this integration too... Although i'm situated in Europe and no official Alexa Support. Think Bose has no software engineers left and it will be neccessary to buy new hardware... (commercial trick)...

@mattius wrote:

Still no word on this Bose??

It is early 2017 and we have had no update on this feature since you anounced it 5 months ago...

If your struggling, this guy has done all the work for you

GitHub Alexa Skill

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

I have no idea what Bose is up to, it certainly isn't what their customers want them to work on thats for sure. 

They either promise things and realise its too dificult or get bored, Alexa has gone the way of aux streaming, Amazon Music in Europe etc, etc. Its getting to be predictable.

Never mind AirPlay2 to look forward to in 2020, or until they get bored, or realise its too dificult. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

add me to the list of very upset customers. we really need the alexa skill. 

I've spent over $5k on bose speakers (indoor x3 + outdoor x2). got 4 (amazon) dots as well.

I see that bose markets itself (LOL) as alexa ready... recommending bluetooth connectivity. pfft.

WHEN WILL WE GET THE ALEXA SKILL?!?!?

I don't expect to see a reply from bose.. they just ignore the growing list of unhappy customers.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

It's coming in the next update... which you'd know if you read the sticky...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

please give me the link to 'the sticky'
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Here I had my hopes up that there was a pending update that would correct this issue.  Can't say as I can see a "sticky" on the form stating so.

EXTREMELY disppointing that Alexa integration isn't available.  I should have done more research before I purchased Bose speakers. 

I also have an issue with Smartthings losing control of my speakers.  Every so often I have to remove them from Smartthings and add back in.  Anyone else have a similar issue?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

when's the next update going to be released?

elvis
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2015

Everyone is moving away from creating an Alexa skill and leveraging Amazon's new audio API.  This is more involved than a skill but 

will ultimately provide far better functionality.   

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/7c9343ce-425b-4baa-ae63-49c36afb5341/giving-device-mak...

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

According to Bose, the next update will have an alexa skill, despite the new Amazon API. I have seen them post many times in these forums detailing the functions that the Alexa skill will have.

If you don't want to wait for the Alexa skill, you can always use a Harmony hub and remote. I use Harmony on my Bose speakers and use Alexa to control volume and my presets. With Harmony, you can use Alexa for practically every command, which goes above and beyond what Bose have originally stated will be available in their skill.

However, if Bose utilise the new API then it will provide a much smoother experience. I can't wait to see what Bose offers us over the  next 12 months. 

I hope this helps those that don't want to wait for Bose.

Take care

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone, 

The latest update we have regarding the Alexa skill is HERE. When we get more details as to a date for this integration, we will let the community know. Many apologies for the delay. 

Thank you