andyweir
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

Re: Alexa Skill??

That's actually disgraceful to FURTHER delay it after it was said that it'd be coming in the next update. 

There are honestly no excuses.

It's been a year.

evelea
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

"Missing our window for this next release comes as a disappointment to all of us but we’re confident that the finished product will be worth the wait. "

- the wait is NOT worth it if you are going to keep developing all 'new and shiny tools' but not the one required by your customers for over one year!

- so, how many release windows is Bose still going to miss? I feel they are ignoring the customers and are only coming with CHEAP excuses.
Sakola
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

For a company that bigs up its own reputation so much this is so disappointing. I have a lot of Bose kit, I am not going to rant on about selling it and getting something else because I like it and enjoy it, but to make a big announcement about an Alexa Skill for soundtouch and a year later still fail to deliver isn’t doing much for this slick image you portray to the world.

Princeau99
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

At this point I don't expect it until well into 2018, if ever!

Princeau99
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

And please moderators, do not post another "when we know more we will let you know"

Highlighted
Markieuk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

1. Priorities can change. Especially with connected products like SoundTouch, new opportunities can arrive quickly out of the blue. Airplay 2 is a good example here – Apple came to us with an opportunity and we jumped on it. The reality is that AirPlay 2 is the fastest path to Apple Music which is what many of you have been asking for.  But the team that shifted over to Airplay 2 was working on other things that now will take longer to release.  When we promise specific delivery dates, we believe in honoring that promise…but we don’t want to limit our ability to jump on quickly emerging opportunities to deliver value to you, just because the marketplace was different the previous month.  When we avoid specific dates, we avoid the dilemma of choosing between breaking promises and reacting slowly. REALLY MEANS: We decided that Airplay 2 is more important to us than you lot so we've stuck two fingers up at you, we've taken the team off the Alexa Skill and they're concentrating on Airplay 2
  2. Stuff happens. We’re not perfect at predicting exactly how long something is going to take.  Unexpected things happen.  Bugs pop up. A partner we’re depending on has a change in priorities.  User testing sends us back to the drawing board. And when things like that do happen, timing can change.  So, especially when it’s many months in advance, predictions can be inaccurate, and we do not want to make delivery promises we can’t keep.  REALLY MEANS: We've taken the team off the Alexa Skill to concentrate on Airplay 2
  3. Timing matters to competitors (and partners). We want to be open with you, our customers.  But this forum is open to the internet – everything we post here is 100% public information.  Our products are positioned in very competitive markets, and if we shared lots of detailed timing information in a place our competition can access, we end up putting ourselves in a significantly disadvantaged competitive position.  In addition, when it comes to partner feature integrations, sometimes our hands are simply tied. Such roadmap information is also important to our partners’ competitive positions.  For certain partner features, we may be obligated to stay mum or risk breaking our partnership terms.REALLY MEANS: We're not being open with you and have no intention of being open with you.
Markieuk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

What's happening with the Alexa Skill ? Any chance of an honest reply Bose ?

Bose.jpg

Markieuk

Thanks for posting. That is a great question. We are still working closely with Amazon to ensure the skill is performing the best it can for our customers. We understand we're well past out original targets but we assure you, it really is coming soon.

Hope that helped

Tony

Princeau99
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

" it really is coming soon."  Is this like "early 2017"? At my age I don't buy green bananas. Maybe my grandson, after he inherits my equipment, may enjoy the Alexa skill. At this point seems likely.

awstearn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

I have been using the new Alexa skill since it was released. It works  well. The basics are all there. Glad to see they didn't over reach on the first release. You can play the presets, turn it off/on, volume up/down.