Bonoman5064
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Alexa/Spotify/Soundtouch playback issues

Why is it that Soundtouch cannot play some tracks on Spotify..i keep getting only a sample...and then some songs play the whole thing.. and their catalogue has them available..also.i am able to play them through soundtouch app no problem...when you ask Alexa to play spotify on that room, it says sorry cannot play spotify on that device..accounts are added...they are the default in spotify, so what gives??
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: Alexa/Spotify/Soundtouch playback issues

If you're talking about the new skill where you say something like "Alexa, play Hotel California in the living room" then its trying to play through Amazon Music, not Spotify, as it does not support Spotify through the new skill (big miss on Bose's part - its inexplicable to leave that out, I think, unless Amazon is somehow imposing this limitation).  If the song you requested is not available at your subscription level to Amazon Music, you'll only get a sample of it.  For instance, in my case, I don't subscribe to Amazon Music but songs from CD's I've bought from Amazon in the past are available to me and they will play in full.  Everything else I only get samples. 

The confusing thing is, if you say "Alexa, play Hotel California" (without specifying a room/speaker) then Alexa will play it from Spotify if you set it up Spotify as your default music service in the Alexa app.  But then she'll play it on your Echo/Echo Dot etc. and not on your Bose speaker, unless you've connected her to the Bose via cable or BlueTooth.

Highlighted
fray
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

My issue is drop out when streaming from spotify as a stereo pair.

A single speaker works without issue, when paired the sound touch app link ikon drops anything from a few minutes to several times a minute.

The wifi connection remains steady.

This is really frustrating and has realy detracted from the great sound these units give.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi fray,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your Soundtouch systems.

Is your router a dual band router?  If so, are you able to connect your SoundTouch systems to the 5.0GHz network to see if they will work on there where there is less interference?  

Let us know so we can get this resolved.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Nattdem
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2018

I have the same problem. I can only stream spotify through echo dot built in speaker, whenever I try to stream through my soundtouch 30, Alexa replies that she can not play spotify in that device. Its very frustrating. I have another problem, although I have "Bose Skill" enabled, Alexa only works to turn on and off my soundtouch 30, does not let me play preset selections.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Nattdem Hello, may I ask, what country are you located in? 

At this time, Spotify is not a supported music service for the "Bose Skill". 

Let us know when you get the chance.

Thank you!

Mohsin

Highlighted
Nattdem
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2018

US Account for all my services. Spotify Works in Echo dot built-in speaker, doest not work when I try to play it in soundtouch.
Highlighted
salloyd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

Hi,

Firstly thanks for finally getting bose alexa connectivity in UK!!

However, I ask alexa to turn the volume down on bedroom bose and it seems like it is acknowledged but the volume doesn't change...

It changes track, it turns on and off... but doesn't change volume...

Thanks
Sam
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the post!  

Which Bose systems do you have?   Are you attempting to raise or lower the volume?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Philc
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 15, 2016

Hi

I have the same issue with Bose skill not playing Spotify. Sorry, but I could not see if that question had actually been answered.

If the answer is not supported yet, then is it at least on the roadmap as it seems quite an important feature.

UK based for info