Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Alexa UK!!!!!!

Hello,

We have waiting a longgggg time for the skill and now its only in the USA. What kind of BULL**bleep** is this? Make it available in the UK, its not fair what you are doing! Thank you!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Re: Alexa UK!!!!!!

Author Accepted Answer selected by Clifford
YESSSS thats good news but i have set everything to US already and the skill works great! Cool to read thats its going to be even better!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Clifford,

Thanks for the post.  We have rolled out the Alexa skill initially to the US, and we should be rolling out the skill to other countries soon.  Stay tuned to the Community for more info.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

I have searched this community and found it full of complaints about the release of the Alexa skill.  Particularly about delays and the ambiguous nature fo the replies from Bose. So on behalf of all your UK customers waiting for th release of the alexa skill please plaese give us a firm date, not "soon" or "early next year".  The impression I am getting is that you are loosing customers and customers good will.  Simple question - do you care?

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

They have our money, they no longer need to care.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Bose have proved time and time again that America is what matters, the US had Amazon music for almost 2 years before the rest of us, this will probably be the same with this!

Oh and in case you hadn't already realised, Soon in Bose terms, could be 1 month, could be 2 years!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Yes Bose when??? I really like Bose but this is crap!! Give the UK the skill too!!!!!!
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

If you wanted a product with alexa built in, why did you buy one without it? While Bose may be a leader and innovator in new products and solutions they are often lagging in keeping up with current standards and technologies. Other countries will probably only get it if adding alexa boosts sales in the US and the lack of it decreases sales elsewhere. Either that or they are waiting on some Amazon restriction to be lifted.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

@James_S wrote:

If you wanted a product with alexa built in, why did you buy one without it? While Bose may be a leader and innovator in new products and solutions they are often lagging in keeping up with current standards and technologies. Other countries will probably only get it if adding alexa boosts sales in the US and the lack of it decreases sales elsewhere. Either that or they are waiting on some Amazon restriction to be lifted.

Perhaps because we were told it would be available , and I quote, early 2017 ?Bose.jpg

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Yeap because as usual when making these anouncements Bose seem to forget anyone else exists but the US. 

They have been anouncing for almost a year and a half now that alexa is coming, not once, never have they mentioned until the actual release that it would be released for US only. Even then it wasn't exactly made clear until you re-read the post.

I would argue that Bose have ever been inovative with the soundtouch range, sure they have promised the world, but delivering is what counts and the whole range is still lacking that of competitors in the inovation stakes, which is a shame as the sound quality is better when it works.

As for an Amazon restriction i find that very hard to believe, Amazon are actively promoting Alexa integration even more these days since google home, they are desperate for companies like Bose to integrate. I have explained before but when developing an Alexa skill, it is as simple as adding another language and replacing US in the alexa variables for GB. That being said even if a restriction was the cause, why not just say that!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hiya, 

I have just bought 2 "Dots" today to connect to my ever increasing collection of Bose products, thinking that it would connect straight away via the Bose Skill (I didnt look into the fact that it was only available in the US!)

I got on the phone to Amazon customer service and they came up with the solution of switching my alexa app to amazon.com (not my amazon account just my alexa account)

This way you can search all the US content and get the alexa skill in the UK - works fine for me (you have to put up with your Alexa in US English, which isnt the end of the world for the extra features you get.

Will be looking out for the official UK release, seems like I shouldnt hold my breath for this!!

if the sound quality wasnt so good, Bose would lose the battle on technology as this is very slow and behind the times.

Hope this is useful.

@Clifford wrote:
Hello,

We have waiting a longgggg time for the skill and now its only in the USA. What kind of BULL**bleep** is this? Make it available in the UK, its not fair what you are doing! Thank you!!!