Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

Re: Alexa Unable To Link Skill Issue - Is there a fix?

No it doesn't work. someone has reported that it did for them but it didn't for me. it just wasted 20 mins of my time setting up all my speakers again.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Thanks i just tried it myself and as i just found out you are corrrect it doesnt work

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, it resolved the issue for me. The Bose Support helpline were really good & helped me set up Alexa to my Sound Touch 20. Hope you all manage to sort it.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Guess what - I have been trying to link / enable etc and am having the same problem as everyone else with exactly the same "error" message. Has anyone from BOSE picked up on this ?

BOSE, this is incredibly frustrating. I can control my Soundtouch 10's perfectly with my Kindle Fire HD tablet, and so bought an Echo Dot for even more convenience - all based n your promise that a "skill" would be available to enable me to control with my voice. It just makes me wonder how this release was actually tested. Can you suggest / give a definite fix for this, or will it take more months ? I don't mean to sound negative but this is really dragging on and on .......

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Been getting the same issue for the last few days, so called Bose Support UK today.

They seemed to be aware of the issue, and their recommendation was to create a new Soundtouch account with a different email address. Unfortunately, the guy I spoke to couldn't explain why this 'fixed' the issue.. and couldn't offer any info on when a permanant fix will be available.

Seems like people on here haven't had much luck trying that, plus it's a hastle re-configuring everything... so come on Bose, releasing this stuff out without proper testing really is poor, and is doing your reputation no good at all.  

Participant
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

I am having the same problem linking the new Bose skill to Amazon Alexa. The Bose skill gives me an error message. I am using the correct login credentials and tried on multiple devices on multiple days. Please help. The other Bose SoundTouch app works but not the new one. 

4D5A0D7B-7DB3-40ED-8700-D7EFDD23E72F.jpeg

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

I have tried a new email and reconfigure from both sides now. Amazon and nose accounts.

Guess what....,, Still the same error.

Come on Bose, what’s going on?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

65DE4A23-3D6D-435D-8145-29A085DD1272.png

Tried again as the message says. Still no luck

shall I try again later, again?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Everyone,

We have identified the root cause to an issue that keeps new users from being able to link their SoundTouch accounts to the Bose skill and are diligently working to resolve it.  We will provide updates regarding timing for a fix HERE as soon as possible.   Note: Those who have successfully linked their SoundTouch accounts to the Bose skill should not be affected by this issue.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Thanks for the update Joel.

I tried again this morning, and it's succesfully linked - and discovered my devices. 

Can't test the skill at the moment,  but it looks encouraging Smiley Wink