Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Alexa! We have a problem!

Already tried the Alexa skill and all I get back is, "There was a problem with the requested skills response!"

Tried the following:

"Alexa, ask Bose to turn on the [Dining Room][Deck]"

"Alexa, play preset 1 in the [Dining Room][Deck]"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Alexa! We have a problem!

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lt_Pete_Mitchell

Hi Lt_Pete_Mitchell, 

Thank you for the quick response. There are two more steps I'd like to try. Can you try to reboot your iPhone as well as unplug your router for 30 seconds? We'll be sending you a PM so we can get your soundtouch account email and look into this further. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

I cant find Alexa skills yet!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

It didn't show up on my Alexa app on the iPhone. I searched for Bose via Amazon Skills on the web on my laptop and it showed up.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Hi,

Im the same, I can't find the Alexa skill yet either.

Although I am in the UK, I was told if I have my device set to US English, I will be able to get the skill.

Take care,

David

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Maybe they are still turning things on/configuiring ... but seems funny that I was able to install and fails right out of the gate. See the response on the echo.

image1.jpg

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Well - it looks like its US only, and limited fuctionality to the requests below.  Bose make quality products but put zero effort into Application development.  I wish i had gone Sonos TBH as at least they constantly thrive to help customers.  Just look at how unresponsive Bose are. 

"Alexa, ask Bose to play Preset 1"
“Alexa, ask Bose to skip this song”
“Alexa, ask Bose to turn up the volume”
"Alexa, ask Bose what's playing”
“Alexa, ask Bose to pause”
“Alexa, ask Bose to resume”
“Alexa, ask Bose to turn off”

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

I tried disabling the Bose skill and then re-enabling it. I happened to notice that it says my speakers need updated ... however they are on version 17.0.8 as per the specs you laid out in the latest release information. Additionally all of my apps, Windows and iPhone are up to date as well. No other updates available.

image2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpg

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

The new skill is working on my Soundtouch system.

Besides updating the app and speaker firmware be sure to link your Soundtouch account to Alexa. This popup appears when setting up the skill - but - it's hidden if popups are blocked by your browser. Happened to me on the first try in Chrome but worked after enabling popups for amazon.com.

Functionality of the skill itself is fairly limited now, as a previous post mentioned, but I expect Bose will enhance this over time. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all, 

For those having issues with this, can you try again, report back, and let us know if its working now?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

@Brent - I once again disabled the skill and re-enabled the skill. This time it doesn't tell me the speakers need updated. However the skill still replies with the same response as stated before. "There was a problem with the requested skills response."

image6.jpg