Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Alexa! We have a problem!

Hi JimF, 

Thank you for letting us know you're up and running. 

Hi Lt_Pete_Mitchell,

Thank you for responding. Can you try to disable and re-enable the skill in the Alexa app? Do you have an Echo or an Echo Dot? Can you also try to unplug it for 30 seconds along with your SA-5 and re-test? 

Please let us know. 

Lt_Pete_Mitchell
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

@Brent

Can you try to disable and re-enable the skill in the Alexa app? Yes I disabled and re-enabled via the Alexa app on the iphone.

Do you have an Echo or an Echo Dot? Echo Dot

Can you also try to unplug it for 30 seconds along with your SA-5 and re-test? I unplugged the Echo, SA-5 and Soundtouch 20 each for over 30 seconds and plugged back in. I tried to ask it to play preset 1 on the SA-5 as well as the Soundtouch 20 and it didn't work. I tried both devices in a powered on and powered off state. I even just simply asked to turn on both devices and nothing works. I get the same response for all requests.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lt_Pete_Mitchell

Hi Lt_Pete_Mitchell, 

Thank you for the quick response. There are two more steps I'd like to try. Can you try to reboot your iPhone as well as unplug your router for 30 seconds? We'll be sending you a PM so we can get your soundtouch account email and look into this further. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post