Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Alexa integration

I use my SoundTouch auxiliary mode with Alexa but my SoundTouch shuts off after 30 minutes of no activity. When will Bose address this issue so my SoundTouch can stay on until "I" turn it off?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: Alexa integration

If you link it with Bluetooth it will stay on permanently (it still does loose connection and switch off rarely), AUX mode still suffers from the 30min shutdown.... (why they can't make it a user option is beyond me...)

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Unfortunately my SoundTouch is wifi only. Hopefully the tech team will come up with a solution. Thanks.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

I feel your pain, i have my TV through the AUX...

I will put a large amount of money on it that you will either get no response or a response saying:

"We will pass that idea on to our dev team"

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hey guys, 

Disabling auto-off for AUX sources is a great request. We've gotten a few of these already and will continue to share them. When we have more information regarding this we will share it with the community. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

My SoundTouch devices does not have Bluetooth capability; only wifi. I know I can purchase a Bluetooth conversion unit but I'm not willing to spend the $100 for each unit to make my SoundTouch bluetooth capable. The units were pre combined wifi/Bluetooth.