Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Alexa skill

Can see this on amazon.com but not on amazon. Co. UK? Any particular reason?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: Alexa skill

Here we go again!

To quote @Jason_G "The Bose Alexa skill will be available to Alexa users that have Alexa enabled products set to US English only." 

I assume thats a sly way of saying its only available in the US! 

That is just plain daft, if you have ever programmed a skill you would understand why, English US and English GB are the same! You just have to copy and paste the code into English (UK) and replace US for GB e.g. AMAZON.US_FIRST_NAME with AMAZON.GB_FIRST_NAME, hardly rocket science!

I can understand that languages such as French and German would take longer as the external development team are based in the US but come on...

Why do you never learn from past failures? you've been promising everyone this for years, but yet again you are providing to the US customer base and ignoring others...

The SONOS Alexa skill may not be perfect, but at least they treated all customers equal.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

I could set my alexa to English us but the skill still wouldn't be available as it's only on amazon. Com

Bose I would like to take this opportunity to say this Christmas I will be asking santa for a sonos speaker system to replace the bose units in my house. I actually give up.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

You have to set your Amazon account to an address based in the US then search and enable the skill from Amazon.com.
Link it with your Bose account, then set your echo equipment to US English.
Can't tell you how it works yet as the v17 Firmware update required is not available to us until tomorrow.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

That's a load of ball ache! Dunno why it's only available for us. Like I said Im going to sonos sod hanging around for this. Waited over a yea for this skill. Got told last week that bose are definitely not linking with Google home either so Im gone.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

It is a lot of hassle and it shouldn't be.

Most people aren't going to have a US address for their Amazon account anyway

Luckily I have one but if the firmware update tomorrow doesn't address the other issues I have been experiencing then I'm done with it as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose next