Highlighted
Hurlamania
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017

Alexa

Are you going to have a skill or will you be integrated like other services are?
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Alexa

Hi Hurlamania,

Thanks for the question.  There will be an Alexa skill coming soon, but we do not have an exact date to announce yet.  Once it is available, we will update the community.

Best,

Brandon

theplatt
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2016

The Alexa Skill is available from Amazon now. However, it requires an update to my speakers. The update button is grayed out. How can I get the update for the Skill?

Hi there theplatt,

We've released the 17.x update for SoundTouch in stages, with the final stage going to all users on December 7th.  Once you get the update then, you will be able to use the Alexa update.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

gezzs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 3, 2017

Do you mean "all users" or just USA users? Some of us are English (UK) 😀

Hi there,

This initial launch is for US-English systems and US based Amazon accounts.  

Thanks,

Brandon

grbright
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

I'm disappointed this was promised some time ago and now is only available in the US (like Amazon music was for quite a long time). When will it be available in the UK and other countries?

Is this a licensing issue or just a phased rollout. The former is understandable but the later is unacceptable given the volumes in the US no doubt outweigh the ROW. 

ViscountFishpond
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

I'm beyond disappointed. I'm furious. Well over a year ago Bose made a false statement which caused me to spend money on an additional speaker and reinforced my decision to buy an Echo dot. I have been strung along with false promises for about 15 months and when it finally arrives, and ONLY AFTER IT ARRIVES, do you admit that it won't in fact work outside of the US.

So I ask a direct question and want a direct answer to two questions.

1. Will you be extending english language Alexa support to other territories?

2. If yes, when do you expect to release in the UK.

If I don't get a response from the mods within three working days Bose's name will be mud on every single social network and review site I can find because my patience is now zero. You can answer those questions or alternatively you can buy all of my kit off me at the price I paid and I can buy something from a company who understands what customer service and customer commitment mean.

Hi ViscountFishpond,

I certainly understand your frustration here.  Right now we have released the skill only in the US, and will be deploying it to other countries in short time.  Please stay tuned to the SoundTouch Communities for announcements regarding the skill.

Best Regards,

Brandon

mradbose99
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2016

Hi Brandon

We waited a very long time in the UK for amazon music to be supported after it was released to the US first.

I know dates are hard to commit to but can you at least give us a indication of how long we are going to have to wait for UK support of this skill please? - I could understand the delays in some respects with amazon music as I know it can do with country licensing, but I would not of expected any problems with supporting a Alexa skill - so I really don’t understand why this has been released in the US only so far.... this has upset allot of customers (me included!).

it would be great to at least advise if we’re talking weeks or months ? 

Thanks Matt