Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

All my soundtouch devices quit on Friday evening, June 28th

I have 4 soundtouch devices, a Soundtouch 20, 2 Soundtouch adapters, and most recently a Wave soundtouch IV.  All 4 of these were working fine as of early Friday afternoon, June 28th.  That evening I could no longer use my presets or get any internet radio.  When I rebooted my Soundtouch 20, the clock would no longer display.  I have multiple computers that control these and none of them work.  I have attempted to delete and add one of the soundtouch adapters and the Wave IV and cannot assign names once they are back on the network.  I have made no changes to my network.  When attempting to play a station or preset on the two devices that still show up in the app, I gete the message "HMM.... We can't play that right now.  Please try back later (1005)".  Also, when first launching the app, I get the message "HMM.... There was a problem checking for the update. (4004/0)"

I can turn on and off the Soundtouch 20 and switch to AUX and Bluetooth, but nothing else.  

I have downloaded the app on a Windows 7 machine that has never had it and started from scratch and cannot go past the point of naming a device, even if I do a factory reset.  ( I am able to add to the network and ping successfully the device.).. Something somewhere has changed, either at the Bose server or with my ISP.  Please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: All my soundtouch devices quit on Friday evening, June 28th

Hi Albush, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

That is certainly very strange. Has anything changed in your environment? Did everything work ok beforehand?

I would recommend resetting the Router if everything was functioning ok before. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Yes, everything was fine earlier that day.  I have reset the router and done a great deal more troubleshooting... .I have a tier ii ticket opened with bose support as well as my ISP.  I was on the phone for over an hour with a very nice gentleman from London (BOSE) and we are attempting to work thru things.  No solution as yet.  I am expecting a call back tomorrow.

Highlighted

Hi Albush, 

Thank you for coming back to me and updating us! 

As you already have a call back arranged for tomorrow, I would advise carrying on with them as they have much more available to assist you with troubleshooting than we do through this platform. I'd kindly ask that you update us with the outcome so that we can assist other users who may be experiencing the same issues. 

I hope they manage to get your issue resolved! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!