Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janiboy
Contributor
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Amazon Alexa Skill

What is about the Alexa Skill??
I find no update on this feature since it was anounced 8 months ago...

Will it be available also in Germany? When? 

The missing skill prohibits me of buying more Soundtouch devices 

12 REPLIES 12
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Amazon Alexa Skill

Hi Janiboy, 

The addition of the Alexa skill has been highly anticipated, however, I'm sorry to say, we don't have any new information at this time. When an update does become available, we will certainly share it with the community. 

Kind Regards,

Brent 

Eoakley
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Please provide and update on Alexa Skill. I am Long time Echo User and now a new SoubdTouch 30 owner.
Ryno233
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Can we get an update on the Amazon Alexa Skill?  This was supposed to come out in early 2017, it's now mid-July.

Thanks,

dermiller
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

Hi Brent,

I would highly appreciate if there would be a more qualified feedback on the status of an Alexa skill or a workaround to integrate your systems into Alexa, HomeKit or Google Home. I use several SoundTouch systems (300, several 20's, some 10's) and would like to know how I can integrate them into my SmartHome. 

It should be possible to get a more concrete feedback on this while not disclose too much information about Bose's strategy on this. Or was this eventually just a marketing joke some months ago? 

I am honestly a bit disappointed of Bose because of the intransparent feedback. I bet there are tons of customers who are waiting on Bose supporting SmartHome platforms.

kind regards

dermiller

Lt_Pete_Mitchell
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

If you're at all technical ... this is your best bet ... actually written by someone at Bose. Although some of the documentation seems a bit dated, I've gotten pretty close to getting it working, but still not 100% there yet. Sad that we're even wasting time trying to set this up ourselves but it is a potential solution.

https://github.com/Zach-Rose-Bose/SoundTouch_Alexa_Skill

dermiller
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

@Lt_Pete_Mitchell wrote:

If you're at all technical ... this is your best bet ... actually written by someone at Bose. Although some of the documentation seems a bit dated, I've gotten pretty close to getting it working, but still not 100% there yet. Sad that we're even wasting time trying to set this up ourselves but it is a potential solution.

https://github.com/Zach-Rose-Bose/SoundTouch_Alexa_Skill

Hi Pete,

Thank you for this hint. I will definitely try it. Only a bit disappointed that we have to do this tech stuff instead of relying on the vendor itself. 🙂 Have you tested with HomeKit too? I'm still thinking if HomeKit is the right path or Amazon Echo. I assume Amazon Echo will "win" on the long run...

If you're playing with HomeKit as well, I can recommend this here: https://www.hackster.io/CONNCTED/control-bose-soundtouch-with-siri-ad8bfa

Kind regards,

dermiller

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi dermiller, 

For more information on the upcoming Alexa skill, please check out this sticky post from Jason, the Community Manager.

Thanks,

Brandon

crichardhale@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

This is disappointing.  IFTTT is a hot technology and one would expect Bose to be a leader in voice-controlled sound systems.  I have three Bose wireless speakers, a 10, a 30, and a portable, and none are connected to my Alexa smart home (I have thermostats, lights, TV, the works).  I tried to using the 10 and 30 with dots, but they kept dropping the connection, both hardwired and through Bluetooth.  I tried to train my wife to say "Alexa, connect", but she got tired of that and Echo's started appearing where I was trying to integrate my Bose speakers.  I read the statement by the Bose representative, and I get it, but Bose needs to make sure their priorities are driven by customer priorities, and Bose and I (and my wife) are obviously not aligned. 

hmurchison
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2015

I feel for you vendors.  You got the Tech Press writing checks their a$$es don't have to cash. 

Sonos doesn't have their Alexa support ready 

Denon doesn't have their Alexa support ready 

Bose doesn't have their Alexa support ready 

To me that says the software foundation for Alexa is fragile.  I'll await news on Homekit support and 

see how stabile it is.  I'm pretty not going to hold my breath for good Alexa support considering EVERYONE 

is delayed.