Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Amazon Alexa skill for Users outside the USA.

Hello Bose, very simple question for you, will you be making the Alexa skill available outside of the USA?

Do you have any sort of release schedule? I tried setting my Alexa language to US English but still I cannot find the skill when I search. I guess that is because I have a UK based Amazon account. 

Once again it seems as though Bose has promised much and delivered very little. This seems to be a recurring theme which is making me question my decision to purchase from Bose.

Best regards, Keith Adley.

6 REPLIES 6
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Amazon Alexa skill for Users outside the USA.

Hi Keith,

Yes, we will be making the Alexa skill available outside of the US.  I don't have any sort of a release schedule, but I'll ping the software team to see if they have anything they can say.

You would need to change your Amazon account to a US based account with a US address.  

There are changes that are going to be made to Alexa, I just ask that you stay tuned to the Community.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Hi Brandon,

thanks for the response. Do you have any idea when you will be able to publish a release schedule for non US Alexa Skill?

Whilst I realise that Bose is a US based company I'm sure that a large proportion of your customers are not resident in the US and unable to get a US based Amazon account (even if they wanted one). When you trumpet with great fanfare that the Alexa Skill is coming and then best part of a year later (might be even longer) it is such a dissapointment once again to hear those fateful words "US Only". In future, please don't taunt us with promises you are not going to keep. Keep those special "US Only" anouncements to our US cousins across the pond/border etc. Then when you finally have the news we are waiting for that it will work outside the US then and only then let us know that it is available.

Yours, once again, a seriously dissapointed and unfortunate mug of a Bose customer.

Oh how I miss my Sonos system that I gave up for you.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Ah simple questions, that get completely ignored, its good to know not much has changed round here! Despite numerous promises to be more open and honest, who could forget the infamous ask and learn hour or was that minute or second...

Its no fault of the mods here, i genuinley believe they don't know, it seems the external development team will deliver what they want and when they want it. Time and time again we are just told it is passed on and never anything back from the head honchos...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

Any updates on this? From Canada and need to know if I should return the Echo Dot that I got for Xmas.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello all,

Thanks for your inquiries. Currently, we don't have any new information in regards to a timeline. We are working to bring the Alexa Skill to more countries and will provide more information as it becomes available, here in the Community.

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Just a quick question for the Mods, does the CEO know how frustrated UK customers are with Bose or is he surrounded by "yes" men ?