Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2017

Re: Amazon Alexa skill for uk?

I am finding fewer and fewer UK retailers carrying Bose products. And when I asked someone from one of the big national chains why this was he made no bones about it. If he sells Sonos he sells Echo's too! If he sells Bose he gets almost half returned and exchanged Sonos. Tell us again that there's no justification for porting the App to the UK?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

I think you're all being unfair, it's not as if Bose said the Skill would be available in early 2017...................ohhh maybe they did.

This could be added to the great mistruths of the century

1. The cheque is in the post

2. I love you

3. I'll respect you in the morning

4. We are releasing the Alexa Skill in early 2017 ( Quote from Admin 15 Sept 2016)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2017

Would be nice just to have a date or simlar, next release of firmware, release after, Q1/Q2 2018 etc... even releaseing an optional Beta would be good?

It really does feel like Bose doesn't care, transparency is simple and would improve the community.

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Whats the difference of 1 between friends (2017-2018) </sarcasm>

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

Sounds like head in sand to  me - the “accept as solution” is hardly appropriate either

Come on BOSE have had over a Year to bodge this😠

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

How hard can this be for a company that generated 3.8 billion USD in 2016?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

Just a simple answer as to WHY we in the UK cannot have the skill yet will be enough for me.

I am sure there is a good reason, I dont know what it is but knowing it would help me be patient.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2016

It appears it is VERY difficult.  Or as others say they just don't care about supporting UK customers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2018

I have three pieces of Bose kit around the house but the shoddy attention it seems to the issue around Amazon Echo compatibility makes me question my loyalty to the brand....come on Bose you are in danger of alienating your UK stakeholders.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Hiya Bose, remember me ?

Any chance of an update for the long promised but never delivered skill for the UK ?

Sorry for the awkward question, I hope you don't remove this and send me another threatening message Smiley LOL