Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Re: Amazon Alexa skill for uk?

I think Bose have figured out it’s just a big hassle to ship their products across the Atlantic, so they are trying to annoy all their non us customers until they go to Sonos, then they won’t need to!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2018

My first post here... I've been back here on and off for a year looking for the UK Alexa skill and I've come to 2 conclusions....
Bose dont give a **bleep** about their UK market and to be frank these Amazon Echos are a complete and utter waste of money, my son mithered me constantly for a month to get one ..... Its been in a drawer since October, load of rubbish.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2017

Anything Bose??? Any hint morsal of a hint, right now with bluetooth connection my bose and dot are fairly useless, as they don't play nicely with the TV.

Dot will lose sound after dropin, and bose will switch to bluetooth (need to reboot afterwards, only living room with Bose has this issue).

Dot will switch on bluetooth, bose soundbar will then switch TV to other (default) input, and swap to bluetooth, have to manually switch everything back...

All a bit of a pain!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 2, 2014

Does Bose really have no idea when they are supporting Alexa in the UK or is it just likely the truth is going to upset us???

In the past I had a technical issue that wasnt being taken seriously by support, so I emailed the CEO by guessing his email address (first intial dot surname @ bose.com if I remember correctly or no dot..... ) and made a complaint........... give it a spin!

This method resulted in a one of the directors contacting me directly and sorting it out! Bose does care about UK customers based on my experience,  its just a case of talking to the right people.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2018

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2017

I'm using a dot with the soundtouch 300 soundbar.
Manually switched to either tv or Bluetooth with dot the 300 works fine, but when auto-swapping between them, i.e. when Alex's swaps the 300 to Bluetooth as it does for dropin, then if the tv is on it auto swaps input, and thus I have to mess-about with the tv/universal controller.
TBH this is more a dot issue than bose, but the lack of skill means that to swap back is all manual. I bought the bose on the back of it will be getting skills soon, as was advertised in these forums!