Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Amazon Echo Bluetooth problems SA5 Amp

For weeks my echo worked flawlessly paired via Bluetooth to my Sa5 amp but this week it's been very inconsistent. Dropping in and out, delaying signals, having me constantly re-pairing them etc.

I have rebooted both devices, haven't added any other smart products, nor changed location or configurations etc.

Was there an update recently that may have caused these issues? How can we resolve this & get back to the flawless functioning connection.

Also, while we're on the topic, wasn't bose going to integrate Amazon echo/alexa capabilities? If so, has it been accomplished, if not, how far away is it?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Amazon Echo Bluetooth problems SA5 Amp

Hi VP, 

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. If you've tried rebooting and nothing has changed in your setup, let's try to un-pair the devices, clear their Bluetooth pairing list, re-connect them, and re-test to make sure this has resolved it. 

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left 

2. Choose "Settings" > "Speaker Settings" and select the desired system from the list of systems on the network 

3. From the system details screen, choose "Bluetooth" 

4. Choose "Clear Bluetooth Pairing List" 

5. A "Pairing List Cleared" message briefly displays at the top of the app to confirm and the connected system emits a tone 

To clear this for the Echo, it will need to be done in the Alexa app. 

1. Choose Menu in the top left

2. Next, choose Settings

3. In the Settings Menu Tap on your device

4. Choose Bluetooth

5. Tap on the down arrow next to the name of the SA-5

6. Tap "Forget Device"

As far as Alexa, we are getting closer to the launch of the skill. The latest deployment timeline information I have is that it will be in early 2017. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 28, 2017

When I connect my echo to my bose SA 5 the sound is very low. I can not raise the sound what could I be doing wrong
I am connecting with the Alexa app
Any help please ??
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Bmarchioli, 

If you launch the SoundTouch app, does adjusting the volume slider for the SA-5 change the level at all when using the echo? Are you able to get other SoundTouch sources (like Internet Radio) to respond to this volume slider for the SA-5 as well? Can you try unplugging both the Echo and SA-5 from power for 30 seconds and re-test? Have you tried to clear the pairing list and re-pair the devices to see if it helps?  

Thank you