Stu3000
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Amazon Music - My Music

Hi,

I thought it was claimed that Soundtouch will connect to Amazon Music and play music that you've already purchased outside of Amazon but I can't get it to work. If I access the Amazon Music app I have every album I have available to me but if I go through the Soundtouch app, I only get those bought from Amazon. I can use my laptop to play everything but that's hardly what I hoped from the mobile phone Android app.

I've bought the Soundtouch 20 in order to also connect to my main hifi via a Soundtouch Link for a multi-room set-up, going to Bluetooth won't make that easy will it?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Amazon Music - My Music

Hi @Stu3000,

Thank you for posting. If you import your own music into the Amazon Music app, this will not be seen by the SoundTouch application because it is not stored in the Amazon cloud and only on that local device. You can however either add a Windows Media Player or iTunes library to the SoundTouch app using a computer.

You can link both of those systems together using "Play All". You would connect to one of the 2 systems using Bluetooth, initiate the stream of music and then open the SoundTouch application and select "Play All".

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel