neilo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 14, 2016

Amazon Music does not work in the UK

I recently bought a SoundTouch 20 series III. It seems that Amazon Music does not work in the UK. Amazon will not let me convert my music account to a US account without providing a US billing address and credit card, so no workaround there.
This is really making me angry, as now I have to pay £9.99 a month to use Spotify when I could use the service I already pay for as a Prime member.
Airplay is no longer working with iOS latest updates.
I have read so many negative comments about this general topic and it's depressing to see that many of them are 2 years old or more.
BOSE - you need to give some kind of concrete information on your plans to add new streaming services or you should re-market the SoundTouch as an internet radio/bluetooth speaker. This product is potentially tarnishing your reputation otherwise.
As a music professional with 500K+ Twitter followers, I am seriously considering continuing my rant there.
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Amazon Music does not work in the UK

Hi Neilo,
We are actively working to bring Amazon Music for SoundTouch to more countries in for the future. This will be limited to the regions in which Amazon music is licensed to stream to, but the UK is definitely among them.
We do not currently have a timeline for this expansion. We will keep this community informed as we continue to collaborate with Amazon on this and have information to share.
Thank you for your question.

kfbglobal
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

Hi George- is the timeline clearer, nearly 2 months on? We're only getting more frustrated...!
Thank you, 
Keith
Cardiff_runner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 28, 2016

Hi George,
3 months on and you are still advertising SoundTouch as being compatible with Amazon Music; it's time that Bose got their act together and sorted this out! Come on we deserve an answer as to when this isue will be resolved. 
Thanks,
Paul
whaleyp
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 13, 2016

Hi - now 3 months later and nothing - and I just spent £1500+ on Bose Soundtouch kit in order to use the service that is advertised as a feature (Amazon). 
I'll subscribe to Spotify too - but the Amazon service needs to be made available as advertised!
red999doc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2016

Unfortunately despite spedning £500 on the Bose Sountouch system for my house Amazon Music not avialable so have to reluctantly connect via Spotify and pay for that too. When ill this functionality become available please Bose?
GeoffO
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2016

It is so depressing reading these comments, I have spent 000's with Bose to find connectivity to be so poor. Reading the above I bought an Amazon Echo Dot for £39 and can know play my Amazon Prime music using Bluetooth or an audio lead. This issue needs to be rectified, 
Swifty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

After deciding on a Bose over a SONAS system, as amazon music was on the list of streaming services, I decide to get a SoundTouch 30, 2 soundtouch 10s, and a wireless link for Christmas.  Now I finally got everything set up, after updates and linking.  My final step was to get Amazon music through the system.  Boom, shock horror, service not available in the U.K.  COME ON GUYS THIS IS VERY POOR. It was one of my main reasons to go Bose.  so now all I have is an expensive multi room internet radio system.   

Swifty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

After deciding on a Bose over a SONAS system, as amazon music was on the list of streaming services, I decide to get a SoundTouch 30, 2 soundtouch 10s, and a wireless link for Christmas.  Now I finally got everything set up, after updates and linking.  My final step was to get Amazon music through the system.  Boom, shock horror, service not available in the U.K. This is poor as It was one of my main reasons to go Bose.  so now all I have is an expensive multi room internet radio system.   

Hi Swifty, 

Our product line manager spoke about this in the thread HERE. I hope this helps clarify. 

Thank you