drcartlidge
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Amazon Prime Music Service Not Functioning Since Firmware/Software Updates on 11/19/18

Since 11/19/18 update, problems have arisen. From iOS app and app on Mac OSX, I'm able to connect to my Soundtouch speaker, see my Amazon music services, including playlists, stations, etc., but they won't play when attempted to be initiated by either iOS App or app on my Mac. If I press one of the six "favorites" buttons on speaker, the Amazon Music station favorited plays. I'm often given an error message that the music service isn't reachable (1300). Bluetooth streaming from my iPhone works without issue.

Thanks in advance for a solution.

3 REPLIES 3
drcartlidge
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Re: Amazon Prime Music Service Not Functioning Since Firmware/Software Updates on 11/19/18

Follow-up

• I deleted Amazon Prime Music Service, then re-added it. 
    • Problem Persists
  • I manually updated my Soundtouch 30 (Series III) with the update found linked in this PDF.
    • Problem Resolved
drcartlidge
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Re: Amazon Prime Music Service Not Functioning Since Firmware/Software Updates on 11/19/18

Correction- the problem to connect to Amazon Music Service has returned, despite performing the manual update. I’m at a loss of what to try next. Perhaps, Bose needs to release a patch.
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi drcartlidge,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• To confirm, are you able to play any other services like TuneIn?  
  • Have you been able to reboot the speaker and router by disconnecting power for 1 minute?
  • Can we try and remove the speaker and re-add it through the SoundTouch app?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support