Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: Amazon prime "not supported of this platform in my region"

Hi Vicky,

I'm so confused with this, I followed all the steps, entered my current address, clicked update. Nothing happened.

I'm looking into the account transfer thing, but I don't want all my account info to switch the USA store, which seems to be what it is asking me to do.

Is this not available for use if my account stays with the Canadian store?

Highlighted

Hello Luke, 

This should be working for you as this service is available in Canada. 

The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and they will be able to assist you further. You can do this by clicking this link here

I am sorry that I was unable to help but am confident that our team can get you up and running with this. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi Vicky,

I just spoke to two people at the number you suggested. Neither of them had any idea how to help. The second guy told me to uninstall the app and then re-install, which did nothing, and I asked him what the next step would be and he did not know. 

He assured me that this system is supposed to work in Canada, even though on the webpage it is not listed as a country where this service is supported. 

I guess all I'm looking for is a definitive answer to this question. If it works, great, and I need to speak to someone who knows how to get it to work, but if it doesn't that's great too, I just want to know so I can return these speakers and purchase Sonos instead.

Thank you again for all of your help with this so far. 

Highlighted

Hello Luke,

Thanks for your reply. 

Upon escalating this, the team confirmed this should definitely be working for you. They believe there may be a setting somewhere that could be causing this issue to manifest and are confident they will be able to get it working. They have also suggested calling in to run through this over the phone as you may have more success in solving the problem quicker. 

With regards to the settings, this could include settings on your router, your Amazon account, or if you have a VPN set up spoofing another country location.

Additionally, if you haven't already, please try setup on another mobile device. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the reply.

While I am encouraged this this should  be working, it still isn’t, and both people I spoke to on the phone from Bose last week not only could not help me with a solution, but both appeared to be hearing that this was an issue for the first time, even though I have soon many online forums discussing the same issue.

Could you please forward me a phone number that would go directly to a person who could talk to through a solution?

thank you so much,

Luke