Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Annoying commercials - spam

Annoying commercials are again increasing and ruining listing to music on certain radio stations. It seems that vtunes is inserting these commercials in the stream of stations. They started first only when tuning in to station, then every 15 minutes, now ten minutes and probably soon after every song. This is extremely annoying and takes away any pleasure of listing to internet radio stations via Soundtouch. Can something be done against these spammers?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Re: Annoying commercials - spam

The radio station is resposible for inserting ads.  The stations have to support themselves, and most small stations operate at a loss. Tunein is the one that puts an annoying pre-roll ad in front.

If you do not want adverts, then pay for a music service. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

I doubt that very much. These are French radio stations. They would insert French ads, not dumb US ads. I don't mind the pre-roll ad in front. It is the hijacking of radio stations I mind. And also of the music service that Bose offers with its Soundtouch. I already donate to these stations. I don't need a spammer inserting his moronic ads into their streams.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi stork5,

Thanks for the post.  I can't say that I've heard of this happening before.  Does this happen on multiple stations?  What specific stations does it happen on?  I'd like to test them out myself.

Can you check to see if the stations are available on TuneIn?

Let me know so we can get this figured out.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

There is a technology called ad replacement - Where the current over the air commercial is replaced with a more focused commercial based on your country or other data that evil marketing people have on you.  It is just another way for the station to support themselves.

Companies like adswizz or targetspot (Moderator Edit: Removed external link) do these types of things.