Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Another Samsung TV / Bose SoundTouch 300 question

I have had this Bose SounTouch for about a month but I think it is going back to the store.  I have literally tried everything to get this to work but I just can't.  The latest thing I tried was having optical in from the TV and HMDI Arc.  Everything worked beautfully for about a week and now I am back to same old problem where TV and Bose ST are no longer in sync.  Turning on/off the TV no longer powers on the Bose.  No setting will fix it.  On the occassion that I could sound the volume up and down don't work.  I tried everything including the steps in the other threads to have Alternate On set.  I am at a loss on how Bose cannot fix this issue.  I am QA Manager for a software company so I understand that small bugs can get through because you cannot fix everything but this is a complete loss of functionality.  Its essentially a $1K paperweight now.  I cannot reset the TV and ST every couples of weeks.  That unacceptable.  So sadly my first Bose product that I was so excited about, that sounds is incredible is going back because Bose dev/QA team cannot fix these issues.  Is there anything else I can try.  I only have a week left to return it.      

Claude

13 REPLIES 13
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Another Samsung TV / Bose SoundTouch 300 question

Hello Claude,

I am sorry to hear this and I can certainly understand your frustration with the SoundTouch 300. What is the model number of your TV? Is your TV currently up to date on software? What type of HDMI cable are you using between the TV and the soundbar?

Let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

The model is UN65KU6500.  I am using the HDMI cable that came with the bose soundtouch bar.   The TV is updated to the latest software as it the soundbar. 

Claude

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Claude,

Thanks for the information.  

You've tried everything that I would walk you through.  My only recommendation at this point would be to unplug the HDMI connection from the TV and reseat it, and see if that re-establishes the CEC controls.  Similarly, we can also try toggling Anynet in the TV to see if that helps as well.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Your one of many whom have had this problem, and it's been going on for the past two years or so and still no fix from Bose, just bandaids and excuses. Take it back.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You have 30 days from date of purchase to return it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

I can't believe that this is not top priority for Bose to look into.  There is at least four threads about this same issue in the first two pages of this forum.  I am honestly contemplating sending a message to a VP because they must not be a aware of the issue.  That or they just don't give a sh!t. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

You can be sure Bose management knows about this on going problem, and to let this continue for this length of time is very sad.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Are you sure Nam1?  If thats the case they are incompetent.  This must be pushing people to return this at pretty high levels.  The sound is so incredible that I am doing everything I can not to return it but I'm 95% sure I will.  I cannot have a system without HDMI ARC.  Its such an amazing feature.  

I used to work for BlackBerry (another company with insane issues :)) and we would often have different version of the hardware as we discovered issues.  I wonder if thats the case with Bose ST 300.  I bought a refurb from the Bose store in Toronto. It makes me wonder if maybe Bose does the same thing because if its a software issue how hard can it be to fix.  You get your best engineers/testers in a room and you keep them there until they fix it 🙂 This is especially true when its such a highly reproducible issue.  This is coming from a guy that spent most of his life as QA Manager so I know what I am talking about. 

Claude  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Lol, not incompetent but over confident. They are banking on they're reputation to pull them through, but in today's world it's hard to hide a problem because of social media and not taking it seriously ( which after two years with countless people experiencing the same problems ) I would say the are foot dragging and hurting that reputation and tarnishing the Bose name.