Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Anyone move from SoundTouch 130 to 300?

Curious to learn if anyone found enough advantages in the 300 to upgrade from the 130?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2016

Re: Anyone move from SoundTouch 130 to 300?

Hi

I was planning to upgrade ST130 to ST 300, but cancelled my idea after seeing many peoples are creeping on connectivity issue and sound droping on ST300, as well as rear speakers dose not have immersive sourround sound as expected, I had also checked sound comparison at bose store and found that definitely ST300 is superior on thumping Bass with comparison to ST130 ,,,,but if we equalize bass...thane ST130 soundbar is having much batter depth of sound as well as virutal sourround sound which ST300 is unable to produce...its may be becouse of extra speakers with ST130.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

KS.A

Please explain in detail your following statement.

".....but if we equalize bass...then the ST130 soundbar is having much batter depth of sound as well as virutal sourround sound which ST300 is unable to produce....."

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

I already have Sound Touch 130. And I bought Sound Touch 300 last week. The ST130 is more better than ST300. I am really disappointed with the new ST300.The sound quality is not that great. No equilizer. I am planning to return the ST300.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2016

louisp

FYI .....posted by Bose 2 week ago

Eric_H

Re: Surround wireless speaker for sountouch 130
Hi Gene,
Thanks for the inquiry, the Virtual Invisible 300 speakers are not compatible with the SoundTouch 130, they are designed for use with the SoundTouch 300 soundbar only. Your SoundTouch 130 soundbar houses more speakers in a different configuration than the SoundTouch 300 to give you a more immersive sound from just the soundbar and bass module combination.
Thank you and have a great day.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 1, 2016

I switched from ST130 to ST300 (with sub only) and have mixed feelings ..

For sure the bass is most certainly more in your face Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL but I'm sure some of the soundstage has been lost. The ST130 was excellent at throwing the sound further/behind and the ST300 struggles a little in this department in my opinion. Maybe when I add the surround speakers I may change my view again though ...

All in all the main reason I switched was that the ST300 contains newer technology and I'm certainly happy with it. The ST130 always seemed "cobbled together" from the parts bin to me (apart from the bar itself) and then I was dissappointed that it was discontinued so soon.

PS wife loves the ST300 so that is all that really matters surely Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2016

true, ST130 was one of the phenomenal sound system because of its amazing capability of producing great sound depth and dynamic user interface by equalizing treble & Bass as well as multiple console connectivity option , sadly discontinued by Bose, its most of the time out of stock here.. and know not available, its happen with most of the companies where they discontinue their most preferred and successful product to drive sell of new and high price products & services .