Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Re: App 14.80.6 Volume setting issue; volume setting screen disappears out of sight when changing vo

Aha... I could live with that 🙂 

Will report back after the firmware update. 

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Re: App 14.80.6 Volume setting issue; volume setting screen disappears out of sight when changing vo

This is getting very annoying.... Made a video to make clear what happens (audio is changed because Dire Straits are copyright 😉

https://youtu.be/fPhG7mSy3Qo

• You can see the screen "freezing" 2 times. Workaround: use Group Volume setting to unfreeze
  • You can see the screen disappearing to the bottom 4 times when changing volume
  • This is my iPad, but it happens on my Android and Windows devices too!

@ Bose, @Brandon_M what could be wrong?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

I still can't reproduce this in the way it happens at your setup but at least I can confirm that my speaker page just vanishes as well like on a time but with no way to really reproduce or see a sheme in it. The speaker page vanishes syncronized though on iPad and iPhone when it happens.

Very nice video to see what is happening ^^

Regards,

Central

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hi albertvanderiet,

We would recommend re-testing this issue after the full update has been released. We should know more information soon regarding when this update will be released and there is a very good possibility that the issue you are describing is resolved with that update.

Thank you

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

That would be nice. Thanks for your update. Answers from bose itself are appreciated.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

This is also happening to me. And to add to the frustration when I try and slide the zones volume page up or down a simple touch blasts the systems to full volume.

Why is bose constantly fixing one issue and creating another.
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

@keef82 wrote:
This is also happening to me. And to add to the frustration when I try and slide the zones volume page up or down a simple touch blasts the systems to full volume.

Why is bose constantly fixing one issue and creating another.

My guess is they have no clue what they are doing. Releasing a product not even out beta stage and misssing basic features says a lot.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Guys, this issue is still occuring. I dont know what more i can do but voice my concern and disatisfaction.

When will the volume issue be fixed?

Everytime you update your APP im presented with another issue.

Its really beyond a joke.

Please assist

@Frank_G ??

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

@Frank_G wrote:

Hi albertvanderiet,

We would recommend re-testing this issue after the full update has been released. We should know more information soon regarding when this update will be released and there is a very good possibility that the issue you are describing is resolved with that update.

Thank you

I just installed 14.0.33 on all my speakers; it didn't fix the issue...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2017

Hi,

Can we have any update on this problem from Bose?

I can see that the first time this problem can be found on the community is 24th february 2017. We are almost 2 months later and all the upgrades up to now didn't fix the issue.

@Brent_B: On an other post reporting this same problem, you answered one week ago that the problem will be fixed in an update in few weeks. Do we have more details about the date? The problem exists already for 8 weeks...

I did some Android app by myself and I know that there is always some bug, the perfect app doesn't exist. But this is THE MAIN FUNCTION from the soundtouch app. If we can't change the volume, the app is useless and we have to take out our old fashion remote control. So why are you not able to be more reactiv? Rollback, temporary solution,...

Bose products are not cheap products, so when we buy them we except to have good support. One of my friend is looking to buy a 4000$ Bose home cinema, but I can't really encourage him to do it regarding the bug appearing after each update...

If it can help, here again a example: https://youtu.be/5kConKre0mk

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.