albertvanderiet
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

App 14.80.6 Volume setting issue; volume setting screen disappears out of sight when changing volume

I have all my devices on App version 14.80.6 (Android, iOS, Windows10), and they ALL have the same issue:

When I select the speaker screen, and then drag a speaker louder or softer, the screen vanishes right back down.

It also happens when I try to scroll down to my other speakers; the speaker screen just drops down out of view.

It is quite impossible to fine-tune the volume settings like this. Or to set the volume altogether.

Anyone else seeing this behavoir?

I've seen at least one post that looks similar:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/iPhone-App-volume-disappearing/m-p/39790#M33648

Bose, do you have a fix? Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24
CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Re: App 14.80.6 Volume setting issue; volume setting screen disappears out of sight when changing vo

I cannot reproduce this on my iPhone (iOS 10.3. Beta), iPad (iOS 10.2.1) or MacBook (macOS 10.12.3). I can set volume/up down manually for each speaker or use the master volume.

The only thing I think is new that the speaker an volume page closes itself after about a minute without any action, and that as well randomly. It does or does not. 3 times now after 5 tries ????

albertvanderiet
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Re: App 14.80.6 Volume setting issue; volume setting screen disappears out of sight when changing vo

Closing itself after a while with no action would be fine, but it is happening randomly.

Sometimes immediately. Sometimes when I am changing volume (when I'm still touching the screen / moving my mouse!).

All my Soundtouch devices (ST30, ST10, ST Link) are on 14.0.15.

Shouldn't that be higher? I tried to update manually but no effect. 

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

@albertvanderiet,

For the ST Softwareupdate see the anouncement on top of the forum page ...

Regards

Central

albertvanderiet
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Ah, I thought I should have recieved the firmwareupdate by now, but I see now that the rollout timeframe has been extended 😉

In the Play store and App Store (Dutch version),  I read in the What's New section: "speakerselection and volume setting are more reliable now"

Perhaps I need 14.0.30 on my Bose devices for this improvement to take effect?

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

I received the update for the speakers at my home late wednesday evening, the one in my office ist still on 14.0.15 as of the end of my workday here in Germany. Just all the apps are updatet on all locations.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

The software update was delayed slightly.  It should be pushed OTA to everyone by the end of the day February 28th.

Thanks!

-Brandon

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Thanks @Brandon_M,

All fine with me, we are off Monday because of carnival (Rosenmontag) in our region here in Germany, so my next day in the office will be tuesday.

Still there is a funny behavior of the Speaker page her in my house and everything is up to date ...

Cheers,

Central

albertvanderiet
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

What do you mean with "funny behavior"?

The same as what I am experiencing?

- speaker/volume page disappears / drops down when using it

- speaker/ volume page does not respond/freezes

and the latest updates in app / firmware do not seam to cure it?

i'm having these issues since the latest app update. 

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Could not verify the problem you are having, but the speaker page just minimizes/disapears after about a minute, like a timer is running. But it will happen only a few times, I've tried 5 times so far, 3 times the page minimized, 2 times just nothing happend and the page staeyed open on iPad and iPhone ... I don't see a pattern in it ... that is why I call it "funny"