Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: App Reviews?? Are you serious....

You can bet all the money spent on all our soundtouch systems combined this post will get completely ignored by anyone from Bose, selective deafness burrying head in the sand attitude.

Developers do make mistakes, software is complex and everyone having different hardware must make things a nightmare, i know what its like to start from the backfoot on software, i get pulled in all the time to fix stuff thats gone wrong from the begining.

So you see i can forgive the software flaws, i can't diss the app and firmware too much.

But the way Bose is treating its customers is just crap, people would be a lot more forgiving if they were open and honest and told people what was happening, what was getting worked on etc.

Feedback, pah, don't get me started, im still very bitter about that...

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

This post shows up as one of the top posts so Bose shouldnt have a problem seieng it. Since september 2016, they have been saying new music services are coming, and its mid March. If a  company the size of Bose takes that much time to get new services compared to Sonos, I dont expect anything from the app. I am giving them till may and requesting my money back to buy Sonos. The customer service is appalling, and they just ignore customers because they know people will buy their hardware. I have bought my last bose product and just returned their headphones. I am wanting to return thwi sountouch speakers too, if i can. 

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

That unfortunatly means nothing, out of all the top Kudos'd posts, there is not ONE that has been answered satisfactorily by Bose, i think that speaks volumes, what the public want Bose has no interest in.

All current posts look by the moderators are either copied from a script or answered by bots anyway, you can practically predict what threads they will answer and how they will answer them. Ignoring the ones they don't want to talk about...

@Jason_G as community manager, do you not owe the community some answers? If like you say you do and talk to those higher up, perhaps they might like to comment, the fabled "product line manager" for instance who has promised the world and delivered none of his promises...

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Let's keep this post alive.
I agree with everything said.
Bose, PLEASE deliver a good and stable app and participate in this forum!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

lets all give them lousy reviews so other people don't get mislead with bose's empty promises. they already got us maybe we can stop someone else from getting sucked in

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all, 

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are somewhat limited in what we can post regarding new music services due to obligations with our streaming partners. As soon as we have more information that we can share, we certainly will. Please keep an eye on the thread from Mike Angelo HERE for the most up to date specifics that we have. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2016

Judging by the only comment from Bose on this thread, I think the B in Brent_B must stand for BOT! 

If you are a human being then are you serious Brent, your reply smacks of arrogance and ignorance at the same time , which is some feet.

What are you commenting on when you say 'We are somewhat limited in what we can post regarding new music services due to obligations with our streaming partners', nobody here in these posts is asking for new stuff, we just want what the basic promises of Bose when you launched SoundTouch being upheld, for example - here is a system to let you play your iTunes library (or what I would term my own music service, which is hardly a new service, and I believe quite a popular one, shame the Bose App can only throw up Error 4201), or at least let us download old versions of the App that did work.

You can see from this forum there are many issues, so focus on those services you promised in the first place, and sideline the 'new services' until your App does the basics right everytime for everyone, or as stated before, better still get someone else to build an App that works, and stop kidding yourselves in Bose that you can make the existing App work again.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

@Brent_B You quite clearly have not read this thread or have totally missunderstood it.

Whilst yes more information about streaming services would be appreciated you have a lot more issues to deal with as well.

Does Mike Angelo read this forum? if so is he suitably embarresed by the product line he supposably manages?

This will not go away by just giving us one of your pre-written scripted responses, you guys need to takea long hard look at yourselves and the way you treat your customers. You ignore most things you don't want to talk about and then just respond to everything with pre-scripted responses.

What is the point of this forum if you are going to just ignore what the member kudos and write on it??? @Jason_G@Brent_B, @Brandon_M or even Mike Angelo? care to respond?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2016

Mattius, I am glad you responded, and well said again, please see my comment above. 

Just to clarify as well Brent_B before you ask me to reboot my router etc.... after my 4201 comment, here is my story copied from a post a few days ago which has been totally ignored........

iTunes - SoundTouch not compatible whatever Bose says!

Anyone,

You are my last hope, I have not been able to use iTunes streaming on my SoundTouch devices since approx July 2016 after update 9 point something I believe, before that it worked fine for 6 to 8 months without issue on exactly the same set up as I have today.

I have been in contact with Bose technical support multiple times (part of the problem there is not a specific individual who has kept running with the issue despite promises to keep on it, I have gone through all the obvious things both with them and independently.

The issue is I select iTunes tracks etc they start playing and then after a period of time (a couple of minutes sometimes / a few songs at other times) they just stop error 4201 comes up. If I start play again it does the same thing, plays straight away and then randomly packs up. Clearly no issue with my wifi strength as can stream any internet radio station for days on end on all devices.

My Mac is set to never go to sleep, I have turned off the uPNP extended security on my BT Hub router which is my main router in my business, I use a Netgear R6250 for a seperate LAN / wi-fi Access Point in my house, this is directly connected to the BT Hub by Ethernet cable (I have tried this as a true AP ie trying to negate any firewall in this router even though I believe there is no firewall on this model, and I have tried it connected as a fully functioning router either was same issue occurs) located in the adjacent building, through which my house LAN / Mac is connected by Ethernet, and all my Bose devices are connected by wi-fi (I have also tried the devices with an Ethernet connection via the LAN but same issue occurs).

The only Firewall I have is the standard Mac Firewall, and this has been configured with iTunes , SoundTouch, SoundTouch Music Server all set to "Allow incoming connections".

I have even copied logs at the request of Bose Technical and sent these in January 2017 I believe, not hearing anything back regarding what they found or not.

I have set up my Mac with a new user specifically to run the bose app without anything else (with one of the tech guys back in October 2016) the issue still happened and was advised to wait for the next update. I did, it made no difference and neither have the subsequent updates.

Honestly I have been a Bose fan / buyer for 25 years since buying my first system as a teenager, and I want to upgrade and buy a Lifestyle 650 to add to my collection, but I can not because of this issue. Can someone in Bose please take this issue on and work with me to fix it, it has to be some conflict / incompatability in the app surely?

What is worrying is when you search this community and find similar queries from people , Bose has not been able to solve it. If Bose was a car company then they would have had to product recall and refund by now. I don't want the money I just want the hardware I've got to work like it did before a Bose software update messed it up!

Please help, otherwise I simply have no option but to give up, and dump the hardware.

Regards,

Bartonx

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

I don't think there is a need to deviate this thread to other posts, im quite sure Bose read most of them just choose what to respond to with ones that fit in with their pre-written scripts.

This thread is more about that attitude and the complete arrogance and ignorance of Bose.

It is fast becoming the most kudos'd post on this forum along with the UI post, yet Bose do not justify us with an response regarding their horrendous service and products. Why can no one from Bose be just open and honest, and treat customers with the respect we deserve for the money we have paid.