Highlighted
bartkennes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2014

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Similar experience here. (Ziggo network in the Netherlands, Ubee modem). Closing the app and opening it again usually does the trick and the speaker is found again. But connectivity is often lost quickly again although the music keeps playing.
Highlighted
diverbrih
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

This link tells the customer how to connect via an echo and has nothing to do with signal strength.

Highlighted
MBZ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

It looks like the latest app update on iPhone has made a big difference. There is no searching at all now. When the app loads up the speaker shows it is connected and ready to be controlled. This is just recent so only time will tell. It does look promising though.

Edit: Spoke too soon. The speaker wasn't actually connected when I was looking at the app. I had to reboot the system to get it to show up. I ran through the same tests I ran before and I am still seeing the same problem. 

Highlighted
casswitz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Same problem:

Bose Wave Series IV -

- s/w version : 17.0.8

- On 2.4G network -- Shows signal strength Good or better

SoundTouch App running on 1 iPhone 5S and 1 iPhone 6

- I/F version 17.170.83

- App version 17.170.82

Router: Netgear WNDR3400v3 

- Stock setup except channel select set to CH 1

I had a long conversation w/ Tech Support.  We reconfigured everything over the phone though nothing new was done except to change Channel from 'autoSelect' to CH 1.

The Wave never loses connection to the streaming source (Pandora) but the iPhones are constantly dropping and reconnecting.  Nothing seems consistent: sometime I can get it by restarting the app, sometimes not.  Mostly, the app-to-Wave connection seems to come and go randomly.

We just received the Wave at the beginning of the month and I am considering returning it on the 30 day Trial Policy if this can't be fixed.  This is a major problem.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi casswitz, 

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm curious if what you're experiencing could be related to the DHCP bug mentioned earlier in the thread. Can you try and set a static IP address for the Wave SoundTouch, unplug the system and router for 30 seconds, and see if it helps? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

diverbrih
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

I have no idea how to do that. I can Google it I suppose. But my question for you is: should I have to? This is a consumer product that should not require a degree in IT to use. It needs to work on just a standard stock setup from any mainstream router out there. I am on a Goofle Fiber box and a 1gb connection. If Bose is going on the direction of requiring customers to spend hours fiddling with router settings then you just lost a 20 year very loyal customer. If it's a bug you know about then fix it. This is a pretty expensive piece of technology not to work properly.
Highlighted
GJk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Hi Joe,

The issue with losing the connectivity between the app and the Soundtouch 300 can always be fixed by power down the ST300, wait about 30sec and power it up again. At least at my place. But since the ST300 has no power button, I need to unplug/plug the power cord. For which I need to move the system from its place, which is not handy, and I also don’t think this cable plug is meant to be unplugged/plugged almost once a week… And I neither think this should be needed for such an expensive product from a vendor like Bose?

Would it be possible to define a key combination on the remote control which does a warm restart of the ST300 system? I hope/expect this ‘solves’ the connectivity issue too? It should be a temporary workaround which I rather prefer then the power cord unplug/plug action. Assuming your developers will get this issue fixed soon since its taking far too much time already…

Regards,
Gert-Jan.

Highlighted
Pablovski123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Couldn't agree more. Have tried all suggestions for these problems over the last year, none work. To see the, frankly, lame suggestions still coming out of the Bose people is astonishing. 

What's the point of a Wifi speaker if it can't stay connected to Wifi? 

I had an Acoustimass System for years, raved about it to everyone who would listen, switched to a load of 10's and a 20 and ever since it's just constatnt frustration every day of the week.

Highlighted
Robbster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Hi Brent

We also need to share good news. It seems that the january update did the trick. The last 3 days the Bose ST is this recognized in my network!

thnx Bose team

Rob 

Highlighted
bartkennes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2014

It looks like the January update of the iPhone app has solved the issue.....fingers crossed but so far my app has stayed connected to the network while playing music.