mattius
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Ipad app certainly seems better, however android and windows still work 50% of the time.

There are so many threads about this, when are Bose going to do something about this!

Highlighted
LennyR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

I'm using an iMac and a SoundTouch20 and have been having problems for months. The ST20 loses connection to the router two or three times per hour, for anywhere from five to 15 seconds. It's VERY annoying. It started to happen after an update last summer. Most of the time, I'm listening to internet radio but sometimes I'm playing music from my iTunes library. The router is nearby the ST20 and the signal is strong.

Can't BOSE do anything about this?  I was planning to buy more SoundTouch systems for my home but won't consider it until this is fixed.

Highlighted
toinepiters
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 27, 2018

System does not function properly. I've bought a soundtouch 300 soundbar, reset my router (Huawei GH655d) multiple times, set a static channel, enabled uPNP, prevented the router from renewing the DHCP lease. Sounds like enough effort from my side. Apart from this connectivity issue, the soundtouch is working quite well, as I can listen to the preset radio channels using the remote. It is connected to my WiFi but my app just doesnt find the speaker.

@Moderators: make me laugh and suggest I reset my systems :D. Or even better, take this problem seriously and fix it.

Highlighted
SkyYYZ
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

@GJk wrote:

Hi Michael_F and RKim, I do have exactly the same issue. The app is not always able to connect to my SoundTouch 300 system while the WiFi connection on the ST300 is still active since Interradio is working fine via the remote control preset selections. A power-down, wait 30 sec and power-up again of the SB300 fixes this but this is no real option/solution. The power plug is no switch and this should not be needed every few days max a week... Ialso have the Technicolor TC7200U provided by my internet provider Ziggo in the Netherlands.@Michael_Fdid you already find out which setting to change in the modem?Thanks for your help since I'm getting tired of this bug which is there since I have the SB300 including Virtually Invisible 300 speakers setup. Kindregards, Gert-Jan.

I have duplicated the issue when enabling the iOS SoundTouch widget on iPad.  Once the widget was in use, the full app could not detect my other speakers on the network.  I had to reboot iPad in order the break the connection, so that the full app could detect my speakers again.  I discovered this 'bug' as a result of participating in this thread. 

Prior to enabling (and using) the widget, the January update has been working great for me across 3 platforms (Windows, iOS, Android) when using the full ST app.

Highlighted
casswitz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Brent_B -

Sorry to be so long before trying this -- have been on the road for a couple of weeks.

The Wave updated last night to 17.0.12. (Forgot to mention that App is 'Protocol Version 59)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'set static IP' -- that would have to happen on the Bose side and I don't see a way to do that.  I did go over to the router and set the DHCP server to add a reserved address for the SoundTouch -- then rebooted the Bose (but not the router).  That may have stablilized it somewhat, but it did not fix the problem.

[By the way -- I want to note that this thread seems to have split into two coversations: one in which the App can't reliabley talk to the Bose (my problem), and on in which the Bose loses connection to whatever it is streaming from the internet.]

Thanks.

Highlighted
Krumme
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

I can confirm that the update did not solve it for the ST 300.

/krumme
Highlighted
GJk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

@Krumme wrote:
I can confirm that the update did not solve it for the ST 300.

/krumme

And unfortenately it didn't solve it for me neither for my ST 300..... After a ST 300 power down/up it stays connected for sometimes a day or a few days but in the end the connection from the app (iPhone IOS 11.2.2) to the ST 300 breaks again. When is Bose finally going to fix this? I paid the full price for the equipment but can just use half the functionality of it for more than a half year now.... This is not the idea when I decided to go for such a strong, but also expensive, brand as Bose!!

Highlighted
bartkennes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2014

Unfortunately I was too soon claiming the January update fixed the issue of my iOS app constantly losing connection. Ran into same issue again yesterday. Music keeps playing but the app on my phone drops off constantly. Same when I run the app on my iPad. The app claims the wifi connection is lost although the wifi shows as strong and connected.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the posts. I'm sorry to hear the recent update did not resolve your issues. We have some steps located HERE to try and please let us know what your results are.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
diverbrih
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Joel surely you guys are joking. If I had to unplug and restart both the router and the device everytime the app failed to connect to the speaker I will be having to do so almost everytime I want to control the speaker from the app. This isn't realistic. Out of every 5 tries the app fails to connect 4 of them. The recent app update made it slightly better but only slightly. Are you not able to duplicate this problem in the lab? I am astonished that Bose continues to allow this to persist. Given that this has been going on for months it seems to me that maybe it's time for Bose to simply recall all of these devices and provide alternates or refunds to everyone impacted and just call the sound touch 30 at least a failed experiment. The device simply doesn't work as advertised.