Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

I just did ten restarts of the app in a row and cannot get the app to find the speaker. Please provide information on a refund. I am done.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Joel:

I have an ancient Apple Airport router, which may be my problem. I works fine with my computers, phones, iPads, etc, but I'm open to getting something new. Is there something (not too expensive) you would suggest. All of my stuff is Apple.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Its not your router, its Bose' software despite their ignorance to admit the fact.

I have 3 routers, all of which have the same issues ranging from the latest TP-Link Archer to an old Linksys.

Don't let Bose' kid you into buying more unescessary hardware... All this talk about reseting routers etc is just a con which is only a temporary fix which will work for a few hours...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Yeah the device just frustrates me at this point and I don't need more frustration in my life. I expected a $500 Bluetooth speaker / streaming device to just simply work and this one doesn't.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello diverbrih,

I'm sorry to hear that. Typically we try all applicable troubleshooting and if that doesn't resolve it, we escalate up to our engineering team. Any refunds would need to be processed by your regional service group. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll down then click 'contact us', you should see their phone number.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello LennyR,

Thank you for posting. If your household is all Apple, there would be no issues with purchasing a newer Apple router. The Netgear nighthawk R7000 is what other community members have given praise to as well. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

I don't know if this is an isloated event or not but I felt I should share. Today, after reading reviews, I thought I would test out bluetooth connectivty. To my surprise I fired up the app and imediately the speaker had been found. That got me thinking, what is the difference here? What I noticed is, the App has a real hard time locating the speaker when it is being used by or is playing "another source" i.e. the speaker is already turned on and I'm trying to connect to it. My tests have centered around the speaker already being turned on and it playing sound from my TV which is connected via optical cable.  However, when the speaker is turned OFF it finds it immediately. Can anyone else reading this thread reproduce this? Currently I have been playing music via bluetooth and it has been steady with no dropouts. What is a typical amount of time before others experience a drop of connectivity? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Correction on my previous post. Conection is lost again, dropouts remain the same

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Hi Bose

Situation remains the same with the dropouts en connectivity problems. Can we expect a solution in the near future because this is very annoying

BR 

Rob

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2017

Hello everybody,

I do have exactly the same issue with one SoundTouch 300 system and one SoundTouch wireless link Adapter connected to an "old" Wave System.

I live in Austria as well and do have UPC as ISP and also the Technicolor TC72000U router. We have connected several devices and have only excellent and very good connection throughout our mid-size apartment so it should definitely also be fine for our Bose devices.

@Moderators: Can you please provide me with the settings to check my router specs?

We are really frustrated by this endless adding of speakers all the time. We will not "play" this game endlessly.

Thanks for your help!