Highlighted
AblesChapin
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2014

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

This is not 'solved' .... the 'solution' does not work for me!

Highlighted
AblesChapin
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2014

What are the instructions for disabling Verizon FiOS redirect?!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi AblesChapin, 

Here are the instructions on disabling this for Verizon. 

1. Open a web browser and go to searchassist.verizon.com
2. In the upper right corner of the page that appears, click on the "What is this page?" link
3. Depending on whether or not the service is FiOS or not, select the appropriate "click here" link and follow the instructions provided on the website

Once the DNS redirect service had been disabled, reboot the router and the SoundTouch system (or adapter). If the system is on the home network, select the setup option of "It Is Already Connected" 

Thank you 

Thank you 

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Reporting back...after three days the connection was lost again. And then again after two days. Unfortunately I was a bit too fast to conclude that resetting the DNS did the trick.

I can reboot the modem, then it works again for a day or two (three days max until now) but I assume this is not intended behaviour?

Thanks and appreciate any further advise...

Highlighted
RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hello,

I have found that the connection was now found again after a day. So the loss of connection does not seem permanent. Given the long time in between the app losing connection and finding the speakers again it is still a bit cumbersome. Maybe someone else has experience with this phenomenon?

Thank you,

RKim

Highlighted
RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Reporting back...still have the issue occurring. After a day the connection is usually lost. Upgrading the app to the newest version did nothing to solve this. To be honest, I'm puzzled by this. It is just frustrating that you cannot simply turn on music without being sure that you need to reboot your wifi first. No other app, no other wifi device I'm using has this issue. Had I known that it is not my mistake/a user error I would have returned the sound system to be honest. 

I'm thinking of installing an timer to automatically reboot the wifi daily during the night. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there RKim,

Sorry to hear that the issue's returned.

I'm not sure if this has been tried yet, but if you plug in the systems to your modem/router via Ethernet, do they stay in the app?  This might not be a permanent solution, but it could lead us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Are you able to contact upc and have them swap out your modem with a different brand?  Typically ISP's will do this free of charge.  If we could try another brand aside from Technicolor, that would be preferable.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
GJk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Hi Michael_F and RKim, I do have exactly the same issue. The app is not always able to connect to my SoundTouch 300 system while the WiFi connection on the ST300 is still active since Interradio is working fine via the remote control preset selections. A power-down, wait 30 sec and power-up again of the SB300 fixes this but this is no real option/solution. The power plug is no switch and this should not be needed every few days max a week... I also have the Technicolor TC7200U provided by my internet provider Ziggo in the Netherlands. @Michael_F did you already find out which setting to change in the modem? Thanks for your help since I'm getting tired of this bug which is there since I have the SB300 including the Virtually Invisible 300 speakers setup. Kind regards, Gert-Jan.

Highlighted
GJk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Hi Michael_F and RKim, I do have exactly the same issue. The app is not always able to connect to my SoundTouch 300 system while the WiFi connection on the ST300 is still active since Interradio is working fine via the remote control preset selections. A power-down, wait 30 sec and power-up again of the SB300 fixes this but this is no real option/solution. The power plug is no switch and this should not be needed every few days max a week... Ialso have the Technicolor TC7200U provided by my internet provider Ziggo in the Netherlands.@Michael_Fdid you already find out which setting to change in the modem?Thanks for your help since I'm getting tired of this bug which is there since I have the SB300 including Virtually Invisible 300 speakers setup. Kindregards, Gert-Jan.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi GJk,

Thanks for the post.  I'll send over the instructions for disabling web redirect.  Let us know if this helps/doesn't help

Best,

Brandon