RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Hi,

I got the Wave and Soundtouch 20 systems both connected to the same WiFi. When I try to use the Soundtouch App to connect to either one of them it doesn't find them and cannot connect (Only using Wifi connection, not Bluetooth). It starts looking for speakers to connect to and fails. The two "speakers" are shown in the background greyed out but no way to connect to them. Tried all combinations and also only the Wave and/or only the Soundtouch 20. Reception is fine, nothing interfering.

When I reboot the speakers and go through the setup again it works fine. I can then usually connect a couple of times but a few hours later I cannot connect again. This is really frustrating for set a purchase as expensive as this and I hope to find a solution.

Thank you.

89 REPLIES 89

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Hi RKim,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Client detection issues like this are indeed very frustrating. Curiously, what is the make and model of the router you are using? Are you connected to a 2.4 GHz, or 5 GHz band on your router?  Can you check the signal strength going to your systems using the procedure HERE to make sure they aren't registering as "poor" or "fair"? Also, if you haven't already, can you try to unplug your router from power for 30 seconds and re-test? Please, let us know. 

Thank you 

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Thanks for the reply, indeed it is frustrating. I will test what you outlined in your reply and report back. I'd be surprised if it is  bad signal strength as there are multiple systems/devices connected to my wifi (Apple TV, TV, ipad, iphone, Blackberry,...) and none are complaining. What further puzzles me is that it is working fine once I reinstall the speakers and add them to the network but the connection is lost at some point later (e.g. the next morning or even three days later) with it working fine up until that point...

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hello,

I've done what you suggested. The signal strength on both speakers was good.

I have restarted the modem and indeed the connection to the speakers worked then whereas before that restart I had the usual message of "no speakers found".

Does this mean it may have to do with the modem?

Thank you!

RKim

Hi RKim,

Have you tried to disable the ISP web address redirect feature on the router? We have seen this cause discovery issues in the past. For instructions on how to disable this service, please visit the link below:

Disabling an ISP's web address redirecting service

This page will show you the specific steps for a good portion of the ISP's. If your ISP is not listed there, please comment on which ISP you are currently using.

If disabling the ISP redirect feature does not resolve the issue, what would be the model number of your router?

Let us know how the above goes, and we can take it from there if needed! Thanks!

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hi Michael_F,

Thanks for your help and patience with this.

The modem is a Technicolor TC7200U. Unfortunately I'm based in Austria, Europe so none of the ISP's instructions in the link apply to my case. My service provider is UPC in Austria (upc.at). I managed to get a hold of an instruction manual for the modem here:

https://www.upc.ch/dam/www-upc-cablecom-ch/Support/manuals/generic/int/tc7200.u_user_manual_eng_v17....

I've also logged into the settings of my modem but have found no indication of a web address redirection service (also not quite sure where to look). There is no port forwarding of any kind enabled (if that is what I need to look for).

I'm happy to give you any setting of my modem, just not quite sure what is needed, apologies.

thank you

RKim

Hi RKim,

Thanks for the info! It does appear that UPC implements a form of web address redirection which has a couple of steps to turn off.

I will PM you shortly with the instructions and follow up from there! Thanks!

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Many thanks for your great support in this Michael! This is much appreciated, was a bit lost before! 🙂 Will reply to the PM tonight after I try these settings out.

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

RKim
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Hello! It seems that resetting the DNS server in the modem did the trick. I haven't lost the connection to the speakers in three days, everything runs smoothly! This is the longest that the connection was held. I will report back if I run into trouble again. Again, many thanks for your help and effort in this, this makes all the difference in my user experience! Great customer service!