GJk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Hi Brandon,

did you already send over (mail) the instructions for disabling web redirect since I didn't receive any?

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Gert-Jan,

Thanks for the post, and my apologies.  I actually didn't send the instructions over to you, because Ziggo does not do DNS redirecting, and I've been doing research on what could be causing this issue for you.

I wonder if this could be an issue with interference and other wireless networks causing interference around you.  Are there a lot of Wi-Fi networks in your area?

The TC7200U is a pretty old modem/router unit.  Is there any chance that Ziggo can replace this for you with a newer model?  That may solve all of the issues you are having.

Best Regards,

Brandon

CMoren
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

Hi.

I have the same issue. The WiFi is fully functional but the app can not fond the speakers. We use iOS on our connected devisens. The amplifier SA-5 is connected to the router via cable. The router is an Apple time capsule. We live in Sweden.

Regards, Christian and Åsa 

Robbster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Same issue here. Also Using the Ziggo network but i ve a new netgear modem. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @CMoren,

Sorry to hear about the detection issues.  Have you ever used the SA-5 system via Wi-Fi?  Does it suffer from the same disconnection issues?  Do you have any other devices besides your iPhones that you can install the SoundTouch App on, like a computer or Android phone?

@Robbster, Same questions for you as well.

Best Regards,

Brandon 

Robbster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Hi Brandon

Thnx for the response. Ive the ST30 system and use the app on severall Android phones. I've 2 problems: The first one is that appr. every 2 weeks Ive to do a new install for the ST30 because the ST cant be recognized in my network and the ST app doesn t work then. The Spotify app still works fine. At this moment the app recognizes the ST30 but gives error 150 on the app  (and Ive the latest app version on my phone). The second problem is that the ST30 drops out every now and then for a few seconds.

Ive connected the ST30 wireless to my router and signal strength is very good 

Selanant75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

I too have been experiencing this problem for the last week or so. Either the app now will not find 1 speaker or all of them.
I have an ST30 & 2 ST10's.
The issue is the same whether I use the app on my Android tablet, Galaxy S8 or Windows PC.
All speakers remain connected to the network and work manually without the use of the app.
I've tried recycling everything and once again removing/adding all speakers.
If I keep forcing the app to stop and reopening it then eventually all are found.

jgy204
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

I have the exact same issue with the latest version of the soundtouch app.  I use the IOS version.  This was not an issue with the version 16x.    All of my speakers are on the latest firmware (17.08).   I have 3 sountouch 10s (1 pair in stereo mode), 1 soundtouch 20 series II, 1 soundtouch 30 series II, and soundtouch 300.     Almost 80% of the time, some or all of the speakers are in "Searching for speakers" status in the IOS app.  This is very dissappointing and frustrating when I need to play music.    

To fix this, I need to force close the app and restart multiple times and eventually all the speakers are detected.  Rebooting the router/speakers also fixes it, but I should not have to do that.  My Wifi is solid and as others have mentioned, the speakers wifi is connected and the presents work fine when pressed manually.   My router (Apple Airport Extreme) has separate names for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks.

Bose, please advise and fix!

Jperk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Same issue here - I have to constantly reboot the speakers in order to play them via the app.  The buttons on top of the Soundtouch 10's work fine, but they won't play together unless you go through the app.  It's extremely frustrating to have to reboot/rename both speakers every time I want to play music.  Bose support helped me reset the channel and band (channel 10 and 2.4ghz now) on my router, but the problem still exists, and yesterday's app update did nothing to fix this.  This doesn't happen with any other device on my network.

How many different ways does this issue need to be raised, before Bose fixes their app?  I will likely return this system to where I purchased it, if this doesn't get resolved this week.  I understand Sonos might not have the quality, but it appears to work - which I can't say for Bose.  I bought my first Bose product in 1979 and have been a loyal customer ever since, but this is unacceptable.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Lets make sure that we've rebooted our wireless routers, and also the SoundTouch systems.  As well, we want to go into the SoundTouch App and make sure signal strength is "Good" or better to all systems.  You can do this by going into Settings>About, then selecting each individual system.

We also want to make sure that all devices are connected to the same network.  If they are not, there will be detection issues.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support