Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2017

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Hi Brandon,

I’m sorry to say but I do fully agree with Jperk: How many different ways does this issue need to be raised, before Bose fixes their app?

Now you are asking your customers again to reboot all stuff, check signal strength etc. But this has been asked multiple times before and so nicely executed by different customers. Please stop asking your customers to act but start asking your developers to act and get this fixed.

Regards,

Gert-Jan.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Hi Brandon

Done all that probleem is stil there. Signaal is very strong
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Brandon - I've "checked the signal" many times; nothing is wrong, and all other stuff on my network works just fine.  Also not sure why this problem is marked "resolved," when it's clearly not?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

I may have this solved...  I called Bose support (for the second time), and the rep had me log into my router (a Ubee router), go to the "Advanced" tab and enable (put a check) in the "Multicast Enable" box and the "UPnP Enable" box.  Then at the bottom, press "apply" (to save the changes).  Unplug the Soundtouch 10 speakers and leave them unplugged for about a minute.  Then plug them back in, launch the app on my iphone, and everything seems to be working fine.  I shut my phone off and restarted it, and the app worked just fine the very first time.  We will see if this works going forward, but for now it appears to be a solution...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Nope.  Just got back from running errands, and it's the same thing all over again.  Changing the router settings (again) didn't make any difference.  When I launch the app, the speakers don't connect, and I've got to reboot and rename them, to get the app to recognize them, and "play all."  This is incredibly annoying.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

I have to say after the latest app version update 2 days ago, the speakers have been detecting properly on a consistent basis.. Will update if it happens again.

Bose: was there any specific fixes that addressed this issue with the latest app update?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone, 

We have seen a few reports of similar issues occurring after the DHCP lease time has expired and the system is attempting to acquire a new address. Typically a round of resets/reconnecting can get everything back up and running but the issue seems to reoccur again after a day or so when the lease expires again. If this is what you're experiencing, the software team is actively investigating a fix. 

A good way to check is to reboot and reconnect, then log into your router and either lengthen the DHCP lease time or set a static IP for the system and see if that prevents the issue from reoccurring. Please let us know if this helps. 

Jperk - I have removed the "Solved" status. It appears that someone had marked this as solved.

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Hi Brent

Thnx for the info. Could they also look at the dropouts in the connection. Most of the time it happens when using Spotify and when I select a new song. And then after after appr. 5 sec the ST is searching for appr 3 sec and then continues playing

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

My DHCP Lease Time is set for "3600" - not sure what that means?  What should I change it to?  I have a UBee router

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Also - the disconnect issue seems to happen every time I leave my house, and return.  It doesn't seem to be time-sensitive.  Also happens sometimes when I'm just at home