Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: App constantly losing connection to wave/soundtouch

Hi Rami1982,

Thanks for the post.  What exactly is happening?  Are your speakers losing the Wi-Fi connection?  If you look on the SoundTouch 300 LEDs, is the Wi-Fi LED blinking or solid when it loses connection?

Let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

My router shows interference on channels. I was getting hammered on 5 ghz. Try setting bandwidth in router from 40 MHz to 20 mhz. This will reduce interference. Also now set your router to a channel that shows no interference. Also I set my Soundtouch stereo 520 from 5 ghz to 2.5 ghz. I set my other 2 soundtouch wireless adaptors to 5ghz. This completely cleared up my speaker connection problems.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

I opened this thread a long time ago. Just to let you know that I still face the same issues and I'm still reading the comments from other users. This is frustrating. I'm at the point where I would like to return my Bose products and try something else.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

RKim - are you losing connection from an iPhone?  Another user suggested disabling the cell data in iOS for the app and it's been working for me but I haven't been using much lately to stress test.  In iOS, Settings --> Soundtouch --> turn off cellular data.  Good luck

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2017

Agree. It’s really annoying!
Another frustrated Bose customer!
Love their sound but soft/firmware sucks
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Adding my frustration with 2 ST10s to the list.

They are playing music right now, streaming radio over Wi-Fi. I can't get my Android Sound Touch app to find them using Wi-Fi. This happens to me often, both on my previous Samsung phone and now my Pixel. Tonight I have tried restarting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, deleting the grayed out speakers and trying to get it to find them fresh, disconnecting the phone from Wi-Fi and reconnecting, and it still won't find them and they happily continue streaming the radio. My husband has not had this issue from his Pixel.

I really thought I was investing in a high quality, reliable system that would fill my home with music. Instead it's filling it with tech troubleshooting.

I'm going to go physically turn off the speakers now so I can go to bed and look forward to being frustrated with them in the morning. I hope my description of symptoms helps get this fixed.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2018

I have similar issue with my sound touch 20 series 111. Connetion to wi fi drops all the time and the only way to operate the speajer is to unplug and replug power cord. Seriously pathetic. Obviously hundreds of people complained and as far as I know Bose has done absolutely nothing. Bose should contact all those who purchase this model (other models with similar issues) and offer ether refund or solution. Otherwise clearly people are disappointed and it will be the last time Bose will be product they will buy. I certainly will not. You spend a lot of money for 'perceived' quality product and then you get this. People at Bose it is 21st century!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@RKim sorry that you are still experiencing these detection issues. If you do not mind, I'd like to follow up a few questions. On the router, are both bands 2.4ghz and 5ghz separated? Do you see 2 network names or only 1? Also, can you please test your set up with an ethernet connection?

I appreciate you for checking this!

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I am experiencing the same issues since last year.

I have a soundoutch 20, I had no problem at all until one app update in 2017: since then, I have to reconnect my soundtouch every single day to my wifi network.

Already tried the troubleshooting on the website, but it doesn't work.

Visibly, the problem comes from the app since I am able to connect to my wifi network without any problem.

The problem is that it loses it every 10 hours or so.

What can I do?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2018

I agree. I am so sick of spending time trying to follow leads on the internet, or calling Bose help line, or visiting the store where I bought my Bose Wave Soundtouch - all to get the soundtouch app to work as it should, and not constatly drop out. It is so frustrating.