djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

App suggestions and questions *important*

Hello everybody,

First I actually like the new app. I have been following this forum months over months and finally I am somehow content and happy with the new modern App for iOS 🙂 so thanks to developers team.

I know you can't answer all my questions that I have, so I try just to ask a few, mainly the most obvious / annoying ones.

1.) If you are in the App in a submenu I call it. You will see a back arrow in the upper left corner. On iOS it is not possible to "swipe" back. For me that is an essential feature in terms of usability. I really hope, that you can release this feature as soon as possible. It's especially handy for big screen sizes 🙂

2.) I would love to see a search function over all 3rd Party music services. I know that should be possible to search for a song and it will provide you with results from Spotify, deezer, local etc.

3.) again iOS: In the widget I can't see covers of my favorites. Only one cover is showing on Slot 2. (See attachment screenshot) Smiley Surprised it's the same behavior for the Apple Watch app.

4.) don't know if this was answered here anywhere earlier , but is it not possible to see id3 Tags? I'm using the vTuner radio channels and can't see any song information. In Germany we only have vTuner 😞 no TuneIn.

5.) deezer questions:
Search only applies to title, author and albums. Often I want to search for playlists. Is this not possible due to deezer API? Just curious 🙂 because it would be awesome so search for playlists.
Family subscription: it's not possible to select a profile... only the main account is used. Any info on that? I think the Spotify integration is really well done, so the deezer integration could see some love too 😉

6.) clock and alarm I see more wanted by the community as you have stated in your last post about the feb. update. 😄

7.) you talked already about IFTT integration and Amazon Alexa... can you say something about Apple HomeKit? How awesome would it be to come home and say to Siri: play favorite 2 ? I would love it, but I know hardware needs a special chip from Apple. But maybe you have more info on that.

Thank you! I really hope you will see my suggestions and questions.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: App suggestion and question *important*

Hi djbazztek,

Thanks for the post!  Lots of great suggestions and recommendations in here. I'll answer what I can and forward everything else to the software team.

1. That's not a current functionality but I'll absolutely forward it on up.

2. I'll send this one up as well.

3. Those other favorites, are they also radio stations like #2?

4. Our systems display id3 tags for MP3 files, maybe you are referring to when you're listening to a radio station, it will show the name of the artist, album, and track?  I'll get that forwarded up as well.

5. You might be on to something, that it might be a limitation of the Deezer API, but I'll see if I can get a definitive answer for you.

6. Maybe in the future?  That's all I can say 🙂

7. I don't know if Apple HomeKit integration is in the works, but I'll forward the suggestion on up.  

If you can think of anything else, definitely let us know!

Best,

Brandon 

Highlighted
djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Wow! Thank you so much for answering my questions and forwarding things to the software team, Brandon.

Regarding the questions:

3. Thats true, all of the favourites are radio stations. I already tried to reconfigure it, but it stays the same. Whats striking me is that in the favourite overview all radio station covers are present. (see my Screenshot below) [Apple Watch App is affected by this symptom as well]

4. Sorry my fault. Yeah I mean artist, album, and track information when listening to radio stations. Currently it only displays the name of the radio station. 

I hope you will get back to me, if you have more info from the software team. By the way... I'm installing the update right now and the app feels so snappy and speeded up. Good work! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the quick response!  The screenshots are great, thank you.  

In reference to number 3: This is a really odd issue.  I spoke with a colleague that has four radio stations preset (WEEI, FG Chic, WBRU, and WBZ radio), and the only image that doesn't show up is for WBZ radio, all of the others work.  Can you try adding WEEI and WBRU and checking if those images work?  I would also like for you to collect log files for me, as I think this should be escalated to the software engineers for evaluation.  Instructions to collect these log files are here: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Collecting-and-Submitting-SoundTouch-Application-an...

Thanks!

-Brandon

djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

I just wanted to get back to you.

I don't know what has changed but somehow my covers of radio stations in the widget and apple watch app seem to work! Probbably this is due to the new update. I can assure you that it never worked before...and I have tested it on several devices in my household. Although if I force quit the app in the app switcher and restart it, it will take some time to get the images. But thats fine for me, at least it works. But maybe some cache method will be great.

If you are still interested in the logs I can collect them, but for me it's working properly now.

regards

djbazztek

Excellent!  Good to hear!  I certainly believe you that it didn't work before as one of my colleagues had the same issue 🙂  If it pops up again, try and get log files while it's happening and reply to this thread and we'll get a ticket submitted.

Thanks for the reply!

-Brandon

djbazztek
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Hi Brandon,

I just wanted to know if you have any further information regarding the questions that I have stated in post #1, especially the deezer integration 🙂

Have a good day!

Hi dj,

I don't have anymore information for you right now, but I've got the thread bookmarked so as soon as I hear anything, you'll be the first to know 🙂

Best,

Brandon