ChrisLinzell
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

App will not connect to SoundTouch 20 via Wifi

The Speak connects fine to the Wifi network, but I can't connect/find it in the App. If I connect the speaker via the ethernet port I can connect via the App over wifi. It seems to me the wifi is blocking something used in the discovery/communication mechanism between the App and the Speaker. I'm using Aruba IAPs for the home wireless network. Is there a special setting I need to enable/disable to get it to work. I've got broadcast filtering disabled as suggested on anotther site. Please help. Its a new toy and its most frustraiitng becausee I need to connect it via the wifi not ethernet.

6 REPLIES 6
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: App will not connect to SoundTouch 20 via Wifi

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with system detection.

Can we look in the AP settings for a setting called "AP isolation" or "wireless isolation" and make sure that is disabled?

As well, if there are WMM settings, lets make sure WMM is disabled.  That can sometimes cause issues with SoundTouch.

-Brandon

ChrisLinzell
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

Hi Brandon

Based on your advice and some experimenting. I found that if I enable DLNA media and allowall, it works.

These seem to be required for the app and speaker to communicate

Thanks for your help

Chris

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting your findings!  Glad to hear that it's working for you.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

Connaire1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Hi, I’m having a similar problem. So the speaker is connected to Wi-fi but the app can’t find the speaker. It worked for half an hour at set up and once I switched it off and tried it the next day it hasn’t worked since.
LilBigfoot
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Hello...I'm having same problem with new speaker set up. Says it won't connect to my home wifi set up after I put password in.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi LilBigfoot, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you try the steps outlined in the article HERE and see if they help? Please let us know.

Hi Connaire1,

Which speaker do you have? Do you have the app on more than one device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc)? Does this issue happen on each device? Can you make sure that they're on the same network as the speaker? can you try to unplug both your router and your speaker from power for 30 seconds and re-test? If these steps don't resolve it, let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support