Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Apple Music support for Soundtouch

Hey guys,

it would be great, if you'd add "Apple Music" to the list of music-streaming-providers supported by Soundtouch. I guess quite a few of us use apple music and it is realy annoing to always work around this gap via bluetooth. So pleas add Apple Music to the list.

Cheers in advane for a quick solution! 

Moritz 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Apple Music support for Soundtouch

Hi Moritz, 

I will pass on your feedback to our development team here. Adding Apple Music as an integrated service would indeed be great. 

Kind Regards, 

Brent 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2015

Hi

There are loads of threads about this, and some over a year old, predating the launch of apple music....  feels like there is just no commitment from you guys to this

To be honest it is the one thing stopping me buying more bose for the home, as good as they are when I watched my friend sign-up to apple music and link to his sonos

What is the reason it is not being done, it cannot be bose development time, I am sure it would not take over a year to integrate to apple music, so am guessing it is some commericals?

Not expecting details, but if it is not likely to happen would be great to know, i would prefer to stay with bose, but have commited to apple music so will have to seriously consider sonos if not

Dave

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Bose did confirm in this forum that Google Music will not be forthcoming for SoundTouch III speakers, so it's unlikely that Apple Music will be.  All of these lame "Great idea I'll pass it on to our development team" type responses from the moderators are as insulting as they are ridiculous.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2015

Cheers...

I agree, kinda makes a mockery of trying to create a community then basically ignoring what they say

I did get a clock on my soundtouch though... 🙂

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2015

Apple isn't currently letting anyone directly support Apple Music other than Sonos. 

I suspect this will change with iOS 11 as developers should be able to add support for AM via MusicKit. 

https://developer.apple.com/musickit/ 

Also any Airplay 2 speaker will support Apple Music so long as there is Apple TV or HomePod in the home.  

Ideally we want native support so that we can assign AM to a preset but we may get this ..depends on the details. 

I plan on subscribing to AM this fall after iOS/Mac High Sierra ship and i've got a few Airplay 2 devices. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2015

That all makes great sense!

Tbanks very muchm, I shall hold fire for the moment!

Really appreciated...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your questions and curiosity in terms of Apple Music support! I encourage you all to read this feature announcement. This will provide the latest information in regards to support for Apple AirPlay 2, which would include access to Apple Music. 

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Thanks for the info.

Does this mean we will be able to stream Apple Music (on our SoundTouch III speakers) without needing other Apple products (like Apple TV or HomeKit)? Can we use the 6 presets for Apple Music?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Skylion,

Thank you for your inquiry. These are great questions, and we appreciate your curiosity. We don't have any new information on these specific details at this time. The latest information can be found in the thread I've shared above. We will be sure to share any new updates as they become available!

Best regards,

Brian