Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Apple Music

How can I connect  to Apple Music

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Apple Music

Hi Chrise,

Thanks for the post!  Are you asking about adding Apple Music to the SoundTouch App as a source?  As of now, that is not available, but it may be in the future.  For the time being, you can connect a mobile device to a SoundTouch system via Bluetooth, and stream Apple Music that way.  

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
PhilM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2014

Hello, Brandon. Can you please be more specific about whether Apple Music will be added as a source? Given the number of subscribers, its puzzling that you have other sources that do not have the same user base.

Phil

Bos3i5Gr3aT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

@PhilM wrote:

Hello, Brandon. Can you please be more specific about whether Apple Music will be added as a source? Given the number of subscribers, its puzzling that you have other sources that do not have the same user base.

Phil

Phill I believe it is on Apples end when it comes to any sort of apps that are Apple product to be added with other devices that are not Apple devices Apple is very tough when it comes to their apps to be allowwed to work outside of any Apple hardware.

James_S
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

By playing on your device that has Apple Music, then streaming that's device's audio to the Bose.

Bose will probably get Apple Music when Apple releases AirPlay 2 and informs their partners how to integrate it into existing AirPlay/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi systems, or when the Sonos/Apple exclusive partnership agreement ends. It's the most commonly requested feature to add to Soundtouch. I doubt Bose or any other manufacturer would be holding back on adding the service if it was under their control.  

Hi PhilM, 

The latest information in regards to Apple Music and Airplay 2 availability for SoundTouch can be found HERE

Best regards,

Brian