Alex78
Registered since

Nov 14, 2014

Apple Music

Hi do you plan to add Apple Music to the list of your services in addition to spotify, deezer exc...?
40 REPLIES 40
BigBasti
Registered since

Jan 1, 2015

Re: Apple Music

I have not heard anything about possible hardware integration from apple yet.
But I think BOSE has the connections to find out if it is possible or planned to provide a service like Deezer or Spotify Premium for Apple Music.
I would love to switch to Apple Music and would be happy to use my 4 Soundtouch Systems with it.
I hope Apple plans to offer such a service and does not try to build their own beats branded hardware with Apple Music support.
Alex78
Registered since

Nov 14, 2014

I suspect the long term plan is building or at least try to build their own market (streaming services plus speakers) but in the short term they are behind and user would get a much better experience via Bose
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Alex78 & BigBasti

We do have more music services on the way, However the list of which services will be included has not yet been announced. We appreciate the feedback on what you would like to see next for SoundTouch. We will mark this as a feature request for visibility to our developers.

Thank you!

BigBasti
Registered since

Jan 1, 2015

Thank you for adding it to the request list.
Could you inform us if it would be possible to add Apple Music to the Soundtouch Devices or if it is not at the moment?
I couldn't find any information about this on the Apple Website.
@Alex78
I agree with you. It would be better for Apple to provide such a service because there are already many manufacturers on the market which have multiroom systems. And I would really like to stay with Bose because I already bought 4 Speakers and I am overall satisfied with the setup.
But honestly, if Apple has a good alternative in the future I would take a closer look at it as my whole multimedia setup is based on Apple/iTunes and I don't want to pay for Deezer (Soundtouch Systems) and Apple Music (iOS Devices + AppleTV + Mac)
Alex78
Registered since

Nov 14, 2014

make sense I have the same set up. However before dropping spotify I want to make sure the bit rate and quality of Apple music is the same, for now the real benefit seems to be the family fee that allow to get up to 6 user on the same account. Bose is an excellent system but the speaker itself is not enough streaming services are key
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Hello BigBasti,
We do not have any official timeline or confirmation of the Apple Music service being supported on the SoundTouch systems. Having said that, like George had mentioned above, we do have more music services on their way which will be available in a future update.
The development team takes a close look at the forums to pull requests from users, so George has marked this thread as feedback for the development team to see.
Thank you.
Spit
Registered since

Jun 30, 2015

Hello,
I would consider it a as breach of reasonable expectations if Bose would not support the Apple Music service, as opposed to Sonos who has already officially announced to support by the end of this year the Apple Music.
Compared with Sonos, the Bose Soundtouch system offers Airplay support, so as a result numerous Apple users opt for Bose (instead of Sonos), but if now it would appear that the Apple Music will not be supported, those Apple-users will be left in the cold, and will start to regret they chose Bose over Sonos... Bad for consumer satisfaction I would think! 
So as an Apple user who opted for Bose I expect that Bose will support Apple Music in the same manner as its direct competitors. 
thank you.
Alex78
Registered since

Nov 14, 2014

Can't agree more with Spit my decision was 100% airplay driven so it is very dispointing if a service provided by Apple who based all their devices tecnology on air play would not ba availbe on Bose wich from day one was supportive of the airplay standard
EFFIE
Registered since

Oct 7, 2014

Please add Apple Music to SoundTouch system.