cpc
Registered since

Aug 14, 2015

Re: Apple Music

Please add support for Applemusic. AirPlay is not consistent enough to play Applemusic and even then you can't play it through multiple systems. Given the popularity of Apple Music Bose needs to support it for continuing customer support 
jhutton6
Registered since

Oct 12, 2015

I agree that Apple Music should be added.  When we purchased the Amp and 251 outdoor speakers it seemed like the iTunes support would be enough.  However with the way Apple Music works it almost makes iTunes useless as all music has to be on local PC or device streaming.  I don't like the Pandora and other services that dont fully allow you to select music you want to hear.  Apple has come through and Bose needs to step up its game.
abbyo
Registered since

Nov 5, 2015

Has this still not happened yet? I'm looking for a home sound system that will work with apple music. I'm not super tech savvy so I'd like to basically be able to press play and have all my speakers play simultaneously. I haven't purchased anything yet - should I even waste my time looking for something? It looks like no progress has been made since June and it's now November... 
Drummossie
Registered since

Aug 29, 2015

I fully agree with abbyo. This has taken too long to sort out. It is heading towards Christmas and Bose seem set on missing an easy trick
marlonb
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

I'll get very disappointed if Bose choose not to support Apple Music. Regarding market shares for streaming devices, they are way behind their competitors. It is a pity that they do not take the criticism seriously that they receive from their customers, because Apple Music support is the biggest wish right now. And personally, if they don't announce that Apple Music support is on the way before Sonos releases it, I'll change to Sonos. At least, they are listening to their customers.

parudkin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2015

I agree Apple Music need to be included. I have just bought a Sountouch 20, but I am sending it back as I play all my music through Apple Music, so the Bose system is useless for me
Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Regarding Apple Music:
We're copying our response to THIS similar thread here as well.  
We recognize that integrating Apple Music is important to you and therefore important to us. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on conversations with our current or future music service partners.  
We suggest, for the time being, using either the Bluetooth or Airplay capabilities on your system to experience Apple Music on SoundTouch. We do understand that this doesn’t provide the full SoundTouch experience, especially the use of Presets.
We appreciate the feedback and guidance you provide, as it absolutely does influence our decisions as we continue to add to our ecosystem of music services.

parudkin
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2015

Unless I am mistaken, Airplay is not now supported on the the Soundtouch series 3

marlonb
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

Thanks for your answer Jason! But Bose refuse to tell us about if they are in progress, even less, thinking about supporting Apple Music. You force more or less me to give back my SoundTouch systems. I have decided to move to Sonos as they today announced to support Apple Music. Based on your answer, you probably won't manage to release it next year. It really hurts to change streaming system, you have exceptionally good sound but that’s not compensation enough for the lack of features.
srb1970
Registered since

Oct 28, 2015

Marion,
Until Bose does add Apple Music, why don't you just Bluetooth Apple Music to your SoundTouch?  I do this all the time with services that are not in the Bose ecosystem yet and they sound fine.  You are satisfied with the sound of your SoundTouch, as am I.  I have two SoundTouch 10s and I find them much more sonically pleasing than the equally priced PLAY:1.