Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Audio drop outs after 16.x

@Brent_B
Hi Brent.

It's not that easy to say cause it varies. But in general you can say that for a ordinary movie (let's say 90-120 min) there between at least 3 but not more than 7 dropouts!

As I said there are no dropouts when using hdmi! Just to make it clear again 😉

13 REPLIES 13
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Acoustimass 300, SoundTouch 300, and reports of low bass

Hi Fasciana,

Thank you for sharing that. It's good information and I will pass it on to the team. 

Thank you 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Audio drop outs after 16.x

Hi @Fasciana

I've broken this out to its own thread so we can get into specifics here. The software team is investigating this and would like to know the make and model of your DVD player and TV. Also could you let us know which version of software or firmware both your DVD and TV player are running? Please let me know. 

Thank you! 

Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@Brent_B

Sorry for the very late response and reply. But I was very busy and wanted to do a little bit more long term testing.

So I was able to pin point the audio dropouts.

Yes I know, you opened an own thread for this but you didn't send me link to it that's why I'm writing again here!

So if playing a normal source like, TV, Xbox games and blueray movies (for blueray I'm using the Xbox one s as stated a time back already).

Also using streaming services like Amazon, Netflix or YouTube to watch contents there, I got a lot of dropouts! Sometimes very much, let's say for example 60 minutes of video, 2-6. And it also depends on witch streaming service I'm using. For example Amazon runs pretty stable there are almost pretty little to none!

Put using Netflix or YouTube or the Xbox one streaming service mixer, there are so many. Which is pretty annoying at all!

I wrote the text above a few days earlier but didn't send it. I just copied it! Because now I also have dropout when playing Xbox one s games! And it getting worse.

I tried to use the sound of the TV and there are no dropouts! Definitely I tested it on long term run. 3 days and not a single dropout no matter which source I try!

Also I want to state again that I NEVER HAD THESE PROBLEMS WITH 14.XXX!

Last thing I try is too flash back 14.xxx if can get a 14.xxx file to try it. Cause my wife uses my laptop to with the files but she is off for work and will be back next weekend. But I'm not willing to wait so long!

I want to try 14.xxx again and see what the problem is! If it still there on 14.xxx the hard has got a malfunction!

I really have no power to try things for you bose!

The Xbox one s is playing sound in the back ground and it is so annoying that there are these sound dropouts! Bad thing there is no certain period of time, they just occur randomly! Sometimes for a longer period there is nothing and sometimes they accumulate and sometimes say are occur in pretty equal periods of time.

Please @Brent_B what the hell shall I do? I actually I got a pretty expansive piece of crap in my living room!
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@Brent_B

Edit:
Dropouts don't effect any music playback! So no dropouts when listing to music while using Bluetooth or steaming music from my home server or streaming music from Amazon music from within the soundtouch directly to the soundtouch via WLAN!
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Edit edit:

I'm using dolby and dts sound! And Bitstream cause pcm sounds totally crappy for me!

And as stated a various time now, the dropouts are just there since 16.xxx.

So I switched again from st 300 to TV and since the switch there are no dropouts when using the TV speakers!

As soon I'm switching back to st 300, the dropouts are there!
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Remembered that someone I got a message with a link for 14.xxx.

I've downgraded again! But this time no luck!

Dropouts are there and it's getting worse and worse as longer as I'm trying!

Before I downgraded I did a factory reset, than I downgraded and after that I did another factory reset just to be sure when I was back on 14.xxx.

So dropouts grow up!

I also tried optical and hdmi, same issues!

I'm trying optical directly from Xbox one s so I can figure out that it isn't the TV!

But I don't think cause the sound on the TV without the st 300 works perfectly!

I report back when I tried!
Highlighted
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Played and played back only from the Xbox one s connected directly to the st 300 by optical connection! I haven't had any drops for about 2 hours.

So now I'm hitten in the face.

I could have bet that it's the st 300, but to be honest it's seems to be the television! But why is the sound perfect when playing sound by the integrated speakers? And why do dropouts occur when playing sound through hdmi arc or optical?! Strange!

Gonna get to the telefon on Monday and have the service from Samsung here to have this television repaired!

Than I'm gonna try again, and we gonna see what happen. As long as this may take, I ask you not to close the thread! Maybe it's something else!
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Thank you for letting us know. I'll keep the ticket open. Please keep us posted. 

Kind Regards

Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

I'm on it I report tomorrow