Highlighted
Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Re: Audio drop outs after 16.x

Hello,

it took a while but I wanted to be a 100% sure. And now I am.

It seems that at first the motherboard was broken and on top the new firmware of my samsung tv cause issues in video and audio playback.

The board was changed and the sound dropouts and there were much lesser dropouts but still they were there. But than I got motion stoops, too. After the update and the mainboard change.

As it seems there are really big issues with the Samsung software and hardware.

I think I can exclude the xbox one s and the st 300. Cause with out the TV everything works fine so far! I tested a lot. I connected the Xbox directly to the st 300 and what should I say, no audio and motion dropouts/stops!

Samsung offered me to get me my money back or can have a new TV from say. So I think I gonna throw in a few more bucks and get me a new TV.

But I suggest to leave this open till I got my new TV next week and I was able to test, if there are no more dropouts with the new TV.

Is this suggestion OK, @Brent_B?

Cheers and have a nice weekend
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Fasciana, 

Thank you for responding and letting us know what you have found. That is really interesting. Yes, please keep us posted! Hopefully the new TV will fix it for you. 

Kind Regards

Fasciana
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Hello @Brent_B

Can you get me the new firmware, please?!

Cause I still have my old TV cause my reseller doesn't get manged to get the exchange done!

That's why I like to give the new 17.x a try.

But I can't download the new controller update nor the new firmware on the st 300 both aren't available for me.

Cheers
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

The final push for the 17.x software was done today, so you should be prompted to install it. Have you seen a message for the new software yet?

Best,

Brandon