Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Audio keeps skipping when using Bluetooth to stream music on Soundtouch 130

I recently installed a new SoundTouch 130. At the time of setup, it seemed to work fine, but now a couple days later when connecting to the ST using my iPhone 7 or iPad Pro the music keeps skipping.  When playing music over Bluetooth the music either drops as in it gets silent for a few second then the song keeps playing without a pause in the song it just loses connectivity. It also sometimes distorts the song as in the song will slow down or will sound distorted like the pitch of the song will get lower. This happens once in about every 5-6 songs. It happens when playing music from the music app or the Bose app on my iPad or iPhone. Help please.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Re: Audio keeps skipping when using Bluetooth to stream music on Soundtouch 130

Same problem with my Soundtouch 130. When I stream music from iTunes app on phone, songs periodically cut out. Please help.  

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

Solution - try this. I had the same problem with my Soundtouch 30.

The problem is that the radio frequency for Bluethooth and for most wifi are 2.4 ghz thus creating interference. Most routers will allow you to set a 2.4 and a 5 ghz connection. I switched the wifi connection on my Soundtouch 30 to the 5.0 connection.  This completely resolved the issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

Hi fclemay, 

Thanks for the feedback. How do I switch the wifi connection on my Soundtouch 130 to the 5.0 connection?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

Hello BSpence
You first need to make sure that your router has a 5.0 connection already configured which in addtion to the 2.4 ghz connection. Cannot really help you with this part if the connection is not already setup but if it is the rest in done on the Soundtouch software application.
From the menu go to setting and choose "Add or reconnect Soundtouch.
From there follow the instruction. Once you get to the box where you choose your wifi network clik in the box and choose your 5.0 Wifi network.

You should fine detail instructions in the support section if needed.
Good Luck

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

I did those things and it seems to be working.-- Fingers crossed!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

Cool....been connected to Bluethooth for more than 2 hours now and no problem at all.
Happy New Year to you too.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

This solved a year long problem!!! Now I regret buying more bluetooth speakers!!! If only I knew lol