Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2016

Authenticated radio stream support

Hi folks,

I have been supporting a new start-up radio station who are broadcasting solely over the internet. Once established they will be using authenticated streams (only for registered users). I know that soundtouch supports Tunein, but looking at their kb, it states that "Links to web players and streams that require a login or include a temporary key somewhere in the URL will not be accepted".

It would be great to able to play their stream through the soundtouch speakers I have, without having to resort to unreliable bluetooth streaming (which never works well for me).

I was just wondering if there is any precendent for such streams with Soundtouch, or if there is any process we can follow to get their stream integrated (through an API or similar).

Thanks

R

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Authenticated radio stream support

Hi R,

Thanks for the post!  I know that SoundTouch right now doesn't support Internet Radio streams that require authentication, but this may change in the future.  As far as TuneIn is concerned, I would contact their support or inquiry line to see if this is something that can be added to their service.

In the meantime, I'll send your suggestion up to the software development team.  Thanks!

Best,

Brandon