Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Aux delay - Soundtouch 30 & 10 - Another disappointed customer. How to get a refund?

I bought a soundtouch 10 & 30 recently. Just found out about the massive aux delay issues and saw all the posts here. Am throwing a party tonight and was planning on DJing, really really really gutted (had connected my DJ controller with the two sound touch systems and two other speakers plus a sub - that obviously doesnt work with the delay...)

I would like to return both sound touch systems + get a refund - grateful if you could let me know whether / how to best go about this? (there was no information about the aux delay anywhere in the descriptions online where I bought the hardware, so think I have been misled. Bought both products in the last few months)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Aux delay - Soundtouch 30 & 10 - Another disappointed customer. How to get a refund?

Hi DavidBerlin,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that these speakers didn't work out for your intended purpose. The SoundTouch systems were not engineered to be used as live-performance speakers. Instead, we'd recommend checking out our L1 or F1 systems. 

As for a return, please contact your point of purchase for instructions. If you ordered directly from bose.com, you can contact your local Bose Customer Service team. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Re: Aux delay - Soundtouch 30 & 10 - Another disappointed customer. How to get a refund?

Thanks Brian. I will try to get a refund from the store where I bought it. Will revert here for Bose's advice if they refuse to refund me.

Out of interest: can I just double check why Bose built in an aux delay/lag in a mid to high end speaker such as the Soundtouch 30? I've never seen anything like this before and, to be frank, it's quite shocking to come across such a glitch in a Bose speaker that costs nearly GBP500. Having read a few other discussions on the topic here I was also quite interested in the underlying issue, and why there haven't been any fixes/why this hasn't been included in the product description?

Many thanks,

David

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi David,

Thanks for the question.  I don't know the answer to this, but I'll ping the development team to see if I can get an answer from them.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

they make other speakers for DJing or for using with TV and movies - the ST 30 isnt one of them